Chapter 21 - Trouble in Paradise

"Ughhhh" I groan throwing myself on the floor.

'Maybe I overreacted? No I don't think I did my anger was justified'

I roll over on my back and stare up at the light in my room. I move my arm over my eyes and let out a sigh.

"What a pain"

~ an hour earlier ~

"No" Yuno speaks flatly

"No? Why not?"

He sighs. "It's too dangerous"

'Did he just....huh?!'

"Too dangerous? I illegally came from the Heart kingdom Yuno, I've fought off multiple enemies, including eye of the midnight sun, I saved all of you back in the capital and suddenly me going to spy with you is too dangerous?"

"Look I just don't want you to get hurt. You don't have the best control over spirit dive and we're spying on eye of the midnight sun, which could lead to fighting"

I scoff, rolling my eyes and then looking back at him. " I'm not weak Yuno and even if I don't use spirit dive I can take care of myself"

"Y/n don't be like this right now" He rubs his temples in frustration, causing me to cross my arms

"Like what Yuno? I'm not being like anything. You're treating me like a child for no reason"

"Y/n you don't have the best control over your powers right now" His tone starts to get sharper and I can tell he's starting to get frustrated. "Yes, you have a lot of magic but the amount of destruction you caused using your magic while training and the royal magic knights exam was because of your lack of control. You're not ready to go out and spy because if we went into battle you'd have to fend for yourself"

"You think I can't take care of myself? I've had to since my family was killed. Just because Captain William gave me a place in his squad doesn't mean i get special treatment"

"Y/n just listen to me for once"

"You know what fine" I let out a breath and narrow my gaze. "Fine whatever I'll stay I don't even care anymore. Go on the mission Yuno"

~Now~

"Hey Y/n?" Kaito's voice causes me to let out a sigh and remove my arm from my eyes

"Yeah?"

"Are you really that upset about not going on the mission?"

I sit up and my gaze softens when I see my partner with a troubled face. He changes into his human form and takes a seat next to me. "It's not the fact that i didn't go on the mission Kaito" A sigh escapes my lips as I stand up and grab my grimoire in my hands.

"I'm upset he thinks I'm weak" My hands start to grip my grimoire tightly as I grit my teeth. "Let's go"

"Where are we going?"

"To train with the Black Bulls"

~A little while later~

Kaito, in his sylph for sits on my shoulder as I knock on the door of the base. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Why not? I need someone to train with, we both do"

Asta opens the door, a smile forming on his face as he sees me. "Y/n! It's good to see you!"

"You too Asta" I giggle and then hold up my grimoire. "Feel like training?"

"Of course-"

"BAKASTA!" A surge of water knocks Asta out the door and past me. I look inside and see Noelle with a red face.