Chapter 31 - Merry Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYSSSS
I know we're all in a difficult time right now, and I really do hope all of you are safe. To be completely honest I love Christmas and for some reason this year I've been really really excited haha anyways I thought I'd write something to celebrate Christmas (if you guys don't celebrate Christmas that's okay I just thought this would be cute) so here's a Christmas special for this book! Again, Merry Christmas!
———————————————————————————
When I was a child, I always loved Christmas. Growing up and decorating the tree with my siblings, having hot chocolate near the fire, not that it was very cold in the heart kingdom, but the festivities were nice. Christmas morning my siblings and I would always be up early to open gifts, but as we got older we started getting up early to watch the sunrise together. This is my first year spending Christmas without my family, and it feels really weird to wake up Christmas eve without greeting my little brother

I let out a sigh, sitting up and directly looking at the satchel on my desk, then feeling the necklace that hangs down on me.

'So it really wasn't a dream then'

"Morning Y/n" Kaito yawns, flying up from the pillow next to mine. "Everything ok?"

"yeah...it just feels weird to wake up without knowing my family is here" I shake my head and slide off the bed. "Let's get ready for the day"

After taking a quick rise, I change into my regular attire and throw on my cloak, fixing my hair in the process. As I open the door, a gust of wind hits me, causing me to slightly shudder. Kaito hides inside my cloak to shield himself from the cold and I roll my eyes at his antics. Turning around I notice that it's begun lightly snowing, and that it's cold enough to see my breath. I reach into my pockets and pull out gloves to keep my hands warm.

(A/n: Does it actually snow in clover kingdom? I mean I would guess it does because it rains too? Then again, west coast exists so. Oh well, if it doesn't, pretend it does)

"Not being in the human world for a while has made me forget that weather is a thing" Kaito groans, causing me to sigh

"It didn't really snow in the heart kingdom so this is all foreign to me" I whisper, beginning to walk to the mess hall. Opening the door, laughs and smiles fill the room, catching me a bit off guard. Mimosa smiles, standing up and taking both my hands in hers.

"Merry Christmas Y/n!"

"Yeah Merry Christmas" I smile back and start walking to the table we usually sit at. Sitting next to Yuno, our hands interlace under the table, creating a small smile on my face. I glance at him to see a very small smile on his too.

"So what are your plans for today?" Mimosa asks us.

"I'm not really sure. I mean usually I would spend the entire day with my family, so it's a bit weird for me"

"That makes sense. I was going to go back home to visit my parents and maybe spend Christmas there." Mimosa explains, a smile coming on her face.

"I'll be going back home too" Klaus announces

"What do you want to do Yuno?"

He thinks for a minute. "I was thinking I would go back to the church and give some gifts to the kids. We didn't really have Christmas"

'Yikes. Surrounded by nobles who have always spent the Christmas season comfortably. Sorry Yuno'

"Can I go? I don't really have much to do here by myself"

"Sure. The kids will be glad to see you"

We eat breakfast and all meet outside the base not long after to head to the capital. The snow is still gently falling and snowflakes start to appear. Kaito tries to catch a snowflake, but it melts in his hand so he starts pouting. A few moments later we make it there and go our separate ways. Yuno and I walk hand in hand to different shops, finding small things for each of the kids and things that could help out the church. We leave with two bags full of toys and materials to help out. I also found something small for Yuno, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should actually give it to him.