Chapter 1

Welcome to my new book!
Just a reminder that it does contain boyxboy and girlxgirl relationships and characters. Any and all feedback is welcome.
I hope you enjoy!

Ezekiel's POV:

"I, Ezekiel Morrow, solemnly swear that I am still a virgin." I manage to get out, my hand on my heart, answering yet another one of Baileys stupid truth questions. "Trust fall!" I yell as I start falling off the table that apparently doubles as a speaker stand.

Bailey and I's laughter is the only sound that echoes through our apartment as I topple down on top of her when she can't be bothered to stand up to catch me. So much trust in our friendship of 18 years.

"Ok truth or drink, who is your most attractive co-worker?" I ask her, watching as her cheeks flush pink.

"Nooo!" she yells, way too loud for someone sitting right across from me. We both burst out laughing, her distress seems to be the funniest thing drunk us have ever heard. Once we eventually settle down, she tips her head back with yet another shot.

"ok, ok, serious question," she almost whispers. Leaning in close enough that her ginger curls are tickling my cheek and her glossy blue eyes are staring directly into my brown ones. "Who is your celebrity crush?"

I run a hand through my matted light brown curls, trying to avoid the question. "you already know," I whine, avoiding all possible eye contact.

"Well, sober Bailey might know but I have no idea," she states finally leaning away from me. "Zeke, you know I'm not going to judge you," she assures me. Drunk Bailey is very convincing.

"Fine Bails," I say with a roll of my eyes, "it's the hot CEO of Earth energy, Aven Thornton or whatever his name is."

"Don't pretend you don't know his name," she accuses me, "I can see the stack of gossip magazines that has him on every front cover."

Her eyes suddenly open wide as they look at me, pure excitement on her face. She has another 'great' idea.

"You should apply to be is assistant!" she yells jumping up to snatch some of my magazines. "He has a different one every month because he sleeps with all of them," she explains to me, pointing at the different girls on his arm in each one to prove her point, "but, if he had a gay guy as his assistant, he's not going to sleep with you, sorry, so then he can actually keep an assistant!" She starts running around to grab her computer and frantically typing something.

She turns her screen to face me showing me an application form she managed to find very quickly. How long has she been planning on bringing this up with me?

Now I'm not normally one to act on impulse decisions, but, drunk me and sober me are two very different people.

So, I obviously jump up next to her to fill out this application and print it out in her office.

"You are going to make a great assistant." She tells me, a completely serious expression on her face.

"Thanks Bails, I love you" I say to her, resting my head on her shoulder, slowly drifting off to sleep.

"Love you too," I hear her mutter in my drowsy state as I feel her pick me up and carry me off to some magical soft, warm surface.

*the next morning*

I wake up to the pounding in my head. Who put my heart up there? Why is it beating so loud?

I reach around to feel a barricade of pillows against my back that are keeping me laying on one side, I move them out of the way to feel Bailey sleeping next to me. She must've stayed to keep an eye on me, drunk Bailey is so sweet. I can't tell if the pillows were to keep me laying on my side, so I stay away from her or if they were to keep me alive in my sleep. Something only drunk Bailey knows the answer to, I guess.