Chapter 1 - Nightmares

This is the first story I've ever written, so please don't judge. I'll try to update once or twice a week. Enjoy ;) If you have any requests and new ideas, DM me

Chapter 1

"Stop! PLEASE STOP!" you screamed shooting up in bed with a cold sweat. You grabbed your semi-automatic off your dresser to protect yourself. Seeing that it was just a nightmare, you put the gun back in your nightstand. Ever since HYDRA used you as a weapon, you couldn't get the memories of the brutal torture out of your head even with Wanda and Shuri's help.

Natasha burst through your door panting. "Are you ok? I heard screaming". The sound of her comforting voice caused you to break and start crying. You knew she was a safe person to talk to about your memories.

Seeing you breakdown, Nat came at sat on your bed to comfort you. "Y/N talk to me. What did you dream about this time?"

"I was standing over a body" you sniffed in-between words trying to catch your breath. "But it wasn't like before. This person was important to me, but I can't remember them"

"Maybe Wanda can get inside your head tomorrow to try to help you recognize them" Nat said as she pulled you into a nice warm hug. Nats hugs always made you feel better.

"Maybe" you said

"You should get back to sleep. We have to do training tomorrow. Fury wants to get us ready for our next mission" says Nat. "Please stay" you whine, not wanting to be alone tonight.

"Ok". You snuggle into Natasha's as she runs her fingers through your hair. It always puts you to sleep.

-

*the next morning*

You woke up still in Nat's arms. "Good morning sleepy head" She says as she plants a kiss on your forehead. "You kept shuddering in your sleep, but I tried to soothe you".

You felt embarrassed at the fact that you had to be babied to feel safe. "Thank you" you said. "I don't know how I would get through this without you and Wanda". Nat hugged you and planted one more kiss on your forehead before she got up, grabbed your training clothes, and set them on the edge of the bed for you. "I'm going to go get ready. I'll stop by Wanda's room and let her know you want her to look through your memories before we meet up with fury". Nat always knew how to make you feel better. Ever since the avengers caught you and got your scrambled assassin brain out of you, Natasha has always been there for you.

"Ok, thank you Natasha" you said as she walked out the room. You got up and splashed some cold water on your face. Looking in the mirror, tears began to grow in your eyes as you thought about how any families you've destroyed and how many innocent people suffered because of you. You took some xanax to calm your nerves and went back to your room.

As soon as you finished getting dress, Wanda walked in. "Hey. Nat said you wanted some help?" she said. "Yeah. I had an especially bad nightmare last night and I can't get over it". "It's ok Y/N. Come on, lay down, and let me see". Wanda searched through your memories until she found the one from last night.

You gasped as you saw the body under you again. "HER!" you screamed as Wanda whimpered feeling your pain. "I don't recognize her, but I feel connected to her somehow". Wanda tried to search your brain for all the relationships you had before being kidnapped by HYDRA. "I can't find anyone that looks like her. I'm sorry Y/N".

You sat up feeling sick at the fact that you might never know why you were so connected to this woman. "It's ok. It's not your fault. Maybe it will come to me at some point" you said to Wanda as her eyes faded from the glowing red back to her usual gray eyes with a hint of green.

You and Wanda got up and met Nat at the elevator. "Did you find anything?" Nat asked concerningly. "No" you said. "But maybe it will come to me later".