Chapter 16 - Family Tree

AN: Sorry this chapter is really short. I've been having trouble coming up with ideas

TW: Substance usage

Chapter 16

Today was just a normal day. You did some laundry, cleaned your room, and trained for a couple of hours. You and Wanda trained together, but you were no match for her. You were drenched in sweat, while Wanda was barely out of breath. "Come on Wanda. Give me a break. We're on completely different skill levels" you say. "No can do. The bad guys aren't gonna give you a break when they're shooting at you" she says, and hurls a couch across the room at you. It crashes right into your face, giving you a bloody nose. "God dammit Wanda. I'm going to take a shower" you say. You grab a hand towel off the shelf near the door and wipe the blood off your face.

After your shower, you go to the kitchen to make a sandwich. You had forgotten about Nat and Bucks fight last night and walk into a kitchen full of holes. Someone had cleaned up all the glass and already replaced the dishes, but no one had fixed the knife markings in the walls. At that point you didn't give a crap and continued to make your lunch. The door swings open and Nat walks in. She stares at you for a moment then walks out. "Wait Natasha" you call after her. "Come on. I thought we got over this already, and then you go pull that shit the other night instead of letting Bucky tell me himself. Natasha I you told me you had forgiven me. I just want my bestfriend back" you say, holding back tears. "Well I lied. You hurt me Y/N. I don't think I can forgive you" she replies and walks away. You couldn't handle all the stress and went to go take a Xanax.

You go towards your bathroom and lift the drawer under your cabinet, but your bottle isn't there. "Looking for these"? You turn around to see Banner holding a yellow prescription bottle in his hand. "What the hell Bruce! Give me back my shit" you say and lunge towards him. He blocks you from grabbing the bottle and puts it in his pocket. "Y/N stop. You don't need these. You need real help. For fucks sake Y/N, you almost overdosed. Do you really think taking these are a good idea?" he says. "You had no right to go through my stuff. Everyone needs to stop treating me like a goddamn child. I'm a fucking adult and I can take care of myself" you yell and begin to sob. Bruce pulls you into a hug. "I know Y/N. I know. But I just don't want you to harm yourself. I don't want a repeat of last time" he says. He helps you to your bed, puts the covers over you, and leaves. After about an hour of tossing and turning, you eventually fall asleep.

- 7 pm -

You wake up feeling lost in a fever dream. Flashes of your past. Flashes of Nat. And flashes of Bucky. Your mind could never be at rest. You decided to go get yourself a beer and watch some TV. You walk out the kitchen with a few snacks and your beer and see Bucky sitting on the couch. You were about to walk away until you saw his face. He looked stunned and tears were streaming down his face. "Buck what's wrong" you say, sitting next to him, but he's too stunned to reply. You look at the news playing on the TV. "The woman in custody has been identified as Laura Barnes, speculated to be related to the infamous winter soldier, James Barnes" the reporter says.