Part 11

Dream's POV

After y/n slams the door in mine and Georges faces we make our way outside with the iron and a crafting table to make some of the armor.

It took awhile to figure out how to start crafting, but once we did it went by quickly.

"Do you think the armor will be heavy or hard to move around in"

I think for a second lifting up the chest plate I crafted and put in on. Moving my arms and jumping up and down I felt a feel for how it is.

"It's not too bad, you can feel that it's there, but it doesn't really affect moving, kind of like a thick jacket."

We each make two sets of armor and put on one full set. Once the set was on we heard a small 'ding'.

Challenge
Full Iron
Complete

"I got mine done, does your show completed?"

George taps his watch and nods before finishing up the final helmet we need.

Just as George finishes we hear the door click and y/n walk out with Sapnap.

Turning around with iron boots in my hand I see George holding a helmet out to Sapnap before pushing it on his head when he refuses to wear it.

I wave y/n to come closer to me and I give her the boots.

"Thanks Dream"

I pick up the leggings that were resting on the floor and hand them to her to put them on.

Reaching for the chest plate I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see what she needs just in time for me to catch her before she hits the ground.

"You having a little trouble there?" I ask, holding in a laugh.

"Nope not at all I'm doing perfectly fine"

I lift her back to her feet and see a smile on her face.

After putting all the armor on we hear two more 'dings' indicating we have completed our challenge.

I tap on the watch to see what our next challenge is, but this time it doesn't show a challenge.

No challenge found
Please wait

'Well what are we supposed to do'

"Have any of you gotten a new challenge?"

I look to y/n shaking my head seeing the two others do the same.

Nick thinks for a moment before speaking up.

"Well now would be a good time to explore and renovate the house. We don't really have anything else we can do."

We all nod simultaneously agreeing that would be the best way to pass the time before our next challenge.

"I guess I'm going to be the one exploring since I have the special map, maybe I'll find a village."

I see Nick look at y/n and then at George before speaking.

"I'll go with you George, we can go off in pairs, and be back by tomorrow night."

I see George follow y/n into the house as probably starting to get things packed for them to take.

'Maybe now I can finally get to know her'

Y/n's POV

I usher George to follow me into the house so I could help him gather the things he may need for Nick and his short journey.

"Lots of food, tools, some gold, a bow, arrows, that should be enough"

George nods as I list off the things I am packing into his bag for him and Nick to take.

"I'm going to miss you guys"

I hear a chuckle and look up at George who is already looking down at me.

"We will be back in less than two days, and you are going to be busy the entire time so I doubt you will even notice our absence."

"Yeah you're right"

I give George his backpack and start to push him towards the door where Dream and Nick are starting to come inside.

"You ready to go?"

"Yep let me just grab my backpack from mine and y/n's room"

I walk over to George and pull him into a hug as I hear Nick's steps retreating.

"Please stay safe, especially at night"

I pull away from George and Dream gives him a hard pat on his back.

"Yeah stay safe, we need you alive"

Nick comes back towards us and offers me a hug which I accept.

We finish saying our goodbyes and discussing the details of the plan for what they are looking for then watch them leave as Dream and I go back inside. 

"So, what should I do to the house?"

Dream looks around and the walls surrounding us before shrugging.

"Maybe just add a few more rooms and expand it a little bit."

"Ok cool, let's go get some wood and sand for glass"

Dream and I walk towards the forest axes in hand and get to work chopping down the trees until we have almost a stack each.

"Hey Dream, you wanna hear a joke?"

"Sure, also you know you can call me Clay right"

"Ok Clay, what do you call a lawn decoration with a good sense of timing"

Clay looks at me and thinks about what the answer could possibly be.

"I'm not sure, what"

I let out a small laugh before saying the answer.

"A metro-gnome"

He looks ahead and lets out a chuckle.

Moments of silence pass between us as we walk back towards the house.

"Hey Clay, what's going on with you and George?"

"Me and George, what do you mean"

I look down at the ground slightly embarrassed that I am asking him, but I feel like I need to know before anything happens, or if anything happens.

"Well are you two like, a thing"

I hear a wheezing laugh, sounding like a tea kettle. Clay slows down to a stop gripping his stomach laughing like a mad man.

"Me-me and Geo-George" he laughs out. "No we are not 'a thing'. "

"Oh, good to know"

Clay slowly stops laughing and we resume or walk back to the soon to be renovated.

'We have quite a bit of work to do'

1024 words