Part 15

Nick's POV

Dream and I gently place George on the ground trying not to hurt him and I can see he is having a hard time staying awake.

Turning around I see Dream start attacking a nearby spider and a hiss erupts from a creeper sneaking up on us.

Thinking quickly I take out the splash potion I got from the witch's hut and throw it at George 

'I really hope that was a healing potion'

The creeper explodes sending me and George flying backwards into a mountain.

Dream turns towards the source of the sound and immediately runs towards an unmoving George.

Slowly getting up with an aching head I walk over to Dream who is kneeling beside George.

I grab George's wrist and tap his watch trying to get it to turn in, but it seems to be broken. The screen is cracked and nothing is being displayed.

I try to feel for a pulse but there is none.

"Maybe we just don't have pulses in this world."

Dream nods slowly as a tear runs down his cheek.

I kneel beside him and pull him into a hug as he starts to sob. Glancing over at George who is still unmoving I feel myself let a tear slip down.

"I'm going to build a small shelter around us"

Dream nods letting go of me and turning back towards our best friend.

I get up and use some leftover wood to build a small hut around us so we can wait out the night without any more incidents.

Placing the last block shutting us in and lighting a torch to light up the room I see Dream asleep laying over George.

I chose a spot one the wall nearby and drift asleep as well.

Time skip to dawn

I am the first one awake so I start breaking the block around us. Once I gathered all the blocks I gently shook Dream awake.

He opened his eyes and anyone could clearly tell he had been crying.

I offer him a hand which he accepts.

I bend down and pick up George, who still wasn't moving, and we set off on our way in silence.

Dream is lost in his thoughts taking a sip of water every once in a while offering me some each time.

We are about halfway back to the house when I have to stop to rest a little bit and Dream has to carry George.

The silence has finally become unbearable for me and I have to break it.

"How was the house coming along before you left"

Dream looks at me for the first time since last night and he doesn't seem like the same person.

"It was getting better, but part of it kind of blew up"

I can see that he doesn't really feel like talking, so I drop the conversation and we continue walking in silence back towards the house.

The day passes us by and we slowly see the new and improved house come into view, but the only thing I can think of is what we are going to say to y/n.

George's POV

I hear the hiss next to my ear then feel a bottle break and the liquid splash onto me right before the creeper blows up. I feel myself gain health only to have it taken away when I hit the stone behind me.

The last thing I remember is the sight of Dream running towards me right before I slip into darkness.

'What is on me'

Opening my eyes I sit up and see that Dream is laying on top of me and there is a wooden hut built around us.

I try and tap him awake so I could get up, but he doesn't wake up. Instead of hitting his shoulder like I meant to my hand goes through him like he doesn't exist.

'What'

I move my legs and stand up walking over to Nick trying to wake him up and failing once again.

A confused look forms on my face as I turn back towards Dream and I can feel my heart stop.

My body is still laying there unmoving.

I sit down in the middle of the room going through everything I could remember trying to figure out something to do.

'I'm a spectator now'

Hours pass and I finally see movement.

Nick was waking up.

He gets and and starts to break down the makeshift house before walking over to Dream and waking him up.

Dream lifts his head and I can see that his eyes are red.

Nick helps him and and then bends down to pick of my lifeless body.

I walk beside them looking around at our surrounding trimming to see if anything looks different now.

A cobblestone house appears into my view and I wait to see if Nick and Dream will go towards it.

They start to pass it and I turn back and go to take a look.

"Hello" I call out

"Who are you" a voice answers

"I'm George"

I look around for the source of the voice but no one comes into my view.

"Who are you"