{15} Pass or Fail! Survival Test! ✔️

(Y/N) hummed under her breath as she walked down the path. It was currently early in the morning, a bit too earlier for (Y/N)'s liking. However, this was the time Kakashi instructed her to be there.

(Y/N) frowned as she remembered Asuma's worried look in his eyes earlier today. She couldn't understand why though.

————————Asuma, a few minutes ago—————

Asuma stared at (Y/N)'s reflection in the mirror once he finished tying her hair into a braid. "Thanks, Dad," (YN) spoke up yet Asuma couldn't hear it.

(Y/N) got up and walked towards the door. She sat on the ground and began to put on her shoes. Asuma glanced at (Y/N) before looking away. A nervous look was plastered on his face as he began debating, 'Should I make her eat? That would be cheating right? But she can't go the whole day without eating food, can she? What if she passes out? Damn that Kakashi. It's bad enough she has a crush on him but now he's starving her!'

Asuma shook his head to the side as he told himself, 'No, you can't break the rules of the ninja system. It is required to do this.'

Asuma watched as (Y/N) stood up from the floor and made her way towards the door. He rapidly shook his head before telling himself, 'Who cares about the ninja system? My child could die from not eating! I don't care if I have to force that food down her throat, she's eating!'

Asuma opened his mouth when he heard the sound of the door shutting. Frozen, he stood in his place. Tears welled up in his eyes as he shook his head to himself, 'She's going to die today, and it's all my fault.'

{Thought I'd give you all a Dadsuma moment to make up for the lack of updates!}

——————————-Present Timing————————

(Y/N) shook her head slightly, trying to get rid of all her sad thoughts. Just as she was in deep thought, a quiet voice pulled her out of it.

"(Y/N)?" said girl turned her head towards the voice to be met with a very familiar classmate. The long-haired girl let out a small smile before she called out, "Hinata!"

Hinata blushed before she asked in a quiet voice, "Mind if I walk with you? My training area is in the same direction as yours—I'm assuming." (Y/N) nodded her head excitedly as she grabbed Hinata's hand.

"Let's go!" (Y/N) smiled as she intertwined her and Hinata's hands. The purple-haired girl let out a blush before she smiled at the long-haired girl.

The two talked about their teams and the people on their teams. It wasn't long until they arrived at Hinata's destination.

(Y/N) removed her hand from Hinata's before giving her a small smile, "Good luck Hinata! Do your best!"

Hinata smiled, "Thanks (Y/N)." However, instead of walking away, the purple-haired took in a deep breath before she called out, "(Y/N)?"

(Y/N) nodded her head before she tilted her head to the side. "Yes?"

Hinata began to play with her fingers as she faced the ground. She took in a deep breath before she spoke up. "Are we—" Hinata stuttered, clearly nervous. Hinata took in a deep breath before she lifted her head from the ground and looked at (Y/N). "Are we friends?!"

At first, (Y/N) grew shocked at her question. It wasn't until seconds passed did (Y/N) nodded her head. She gave Hinata a closed-eyed smile before she spoke, "Best friends even!"

Hinata smiled, clearly happy her best friend thought of her as her best friend. The two hugged before wishing each other luck. At last, they parted ways.