{17} "Walk!" ✔️

(Y/N) sat on the ground, looking at the sky. She was waiting for a red flare, a signal that meant she could come out.

The long-haired (h/c)nette was currently on the A-rank mission with Asuma and Kurenai. The mission was to hijack a warehouse and steal an important scroll. The three of them didn't expect there would be people guarding the warehouse, which explained the current situation.

'I wonder why grandpa wanted me to come here,' (Y/N) thought before she let out a long sigh. Hearing the sound of a flare going off, (Y/N) looked up at the sky to find a red flare.

The (e/c) eyed female stood up from the ground, and began cleaning the dirt off her (f/c) dress. Kurenai had bought it for her once she had seen the way (Y/N) stared it. It was safe to say (Y/N) enjoyed the dress a lot.

(Y/N) began walking towards where Asuma and Kurenai were located. Once she found them, she began running towards them, forgetting about the unconscious bodies on the floor.

Kurenai let out a giggle once she saw (Y/N) had picked up the speed. Once she was close enough, Kurenai patted her head in satisfaction.

"Good job," (Y/N) looked down once she heard Kurenai's words. She played with her fingers as she muttered, "But I didn't even do anything."

Kurenai gave out a small smile before she shook her head, letting out a sound to confirm she disagreed with the (h/c)nette's statement. Kurenai placed a hand on her shoulder before she continued, "You waited for us patiently, that deserves some praising."

(Y/N) lifted her head to face Kurenai. After seeing the small smile on her face, she turned to face Asuma, who gave her a thumbs up. (Y/N) nodded her head before murmuring, "Thank you."

Kurenai let out a laugh before she placed both of her hands on (Y/N)'s shoulders. She turned (Y/N) towards the warehouse doors and began walking forward, pushing (Y/N) along with her.

"Come on, now it's time for the real mission." (Y/N) turned her head to face Kurenai and asked in a low voice, "The real mission?"

Asuma placed a hand on her head before he spoke, "Yeah. It's the reason we brought you here. You play an important part in this mission."

(Y/N)'s eyes sparkled with determination at Asuma's words. "What do I have to do?"

Kurenai and Asuma stopped walking, causing (Y/N) to stop as well. (Y/N) turned her body to face her two parents, and waited for their response. "Walk," the long-haired female heard Kurenai say.

"Walk?" (Y/N) muttered in a questionable tone. Asuma let out a sound of approval as (Y/N) tilted her head to the side in a confused manner. Kurenai let out a chuckle before she placing her hands on the long (h/c) haired's shoulders. Kurenai gave her a slight push before she whispered, "Just walk anywhere, and pick a random scroll, without thinking."

(Y/N) nodded her head, still confused about what to do. She took a few steps forward before she turned around to be met with the encouraging looks of her parents. The long-haired girl took in a deep breath before she turned around. She walked towards a random shelf and picked up a scroll. Once it was in her hands, (Y/N) turned back to face her parents only to find them shaking their heads.

"Don't overthink it (Y/N)-chan!" Kurenai motivated.

"Walk towards the direction you feel a magnetic pull!" Asuma advised.

(Y/N) turned around and muttered, "Magnetic Pull?" lowly under her breath. She looked around the warehouse, trying to understand what Asuma meant. Suddenly, her eyes stopped at a specific scroll a few feet above the ground.