-- == PROLOGUE == --

SMACK!

SMACK! KICK!

PUNCH! THUD!

     》»   A fight was happening. Specifically Amren's 4th fight, of the month, and on the last day of school. But could you blame her? The victim of her fists and feet, had made fun of her dead brother, and her life which at this point was crumbling into small grains of sand. Amren however did not find this funny, yes true, but not something to joke about, and took the first swing, which did land.

     "Amren Maunwell, this is your 4th fight this month, do you have an explanation for yourself?" Her counselor, Ms. Dean aggressively questioned rapidly tapping her nails on the birch desk in her office. "Yes, once more another person making fun of my dead older brother, and the fact that my life is slowly crumbling into pieces because I can't cope properly. That enough reason for you?" Amren replied back with a sickly sweet, but menacing smile, her diamond blue eyes staring back at her school counselor with complete and utter annoyance. "Back with this excuse, Ms. Maunwell?" Her counselor spat, rubbing her temple. "It's not an excuse! Every time I tell you this reason, you say it's an excuse, it's not! You can go to the cemetery and look at Corey's grave." Amren fired back crossing her arms in front of her chest, some of the blood from the girl she fought with smearing onto her shirt.

     "I'll be calling your parents later today Ms. Maunwell, get yourself cleaned up in the nurse's office and head back to class." Her counselor demanded sternly, the response was Amren quickly leaving the room, and go a few doors down to Nurse Partridge's office. The nurse was always kind to her, having experienced something similar in her high school years, so she asked no questions as Amren sat on a stool by the sink. "New record." The nurse quietly mumbled, causing both girls to chuckle lightly. Silence then consumed them, and Amren the rest of the school day. That was until soccer practice.

      Kick after kick. Ball after ball. Point after Point. Amren Alida Maunwell did not say no to releasing her rage on her practice game of  soccer, not that her practice team scared, they were winning so they had no problem. And this went for the rest of the fake game, before her coach called her over. 

     "You got some fire in you today Amren, what happened?" Her coach asked, her couch neverminded the fact she got into fights either, but she wasn't proud of them either.

     "Some random girl, was making fun of Corey. . .and the fact that everything in my life is slowly turning into grains of sand." The girl admitted rubbing her face with her hand. Ignoring the burning sensation of tears in her eyes, as she stared at her soccer coach.

     "Things will get better. I have an idea, ever heard of Rim of The World; Adventure camp?"

     "No"

     "It's a summer camp, not for coping or sappy stuff like that, just a normal summer camp full of. . .well adventure. Maybe you should go, help take your mind of some stuff."

     "What about soccer? I thought you wanted every to stay this summer, so we could practice and practice for nationals?" The young blonde inquired, remembering the whole speech the coach told to the whole team for a good twenty-five minutes of practice.

     "I've changed my mind about that, but promise me you'll at least try? I know how hard this is affecting you, and I'm not saying this for my own personal gain, but we're losing you Amren." Her coach spoke gently to her, her toned laced with so much sympathy, Amren was sure someone could've gotten high from it. But it did change her view a little bit.

   "Okay, I'll do it."

     "Wonderful, now back to the field with us." Her coach proudly stated, placing her hand on the young girl's shoulder as they began walking back to the soccer field, where her team had seemingly passed time by playing a small game of tag. Amren smiled to herself, sure summer camp sucked, but come on.

     How bad can an Adventure Camp really be?

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! I know I'm still currently writing 'Don't Back Down' but I am a girl with a lot of creativity (which I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing), so I like to keep my options open. As always, please tell me if there is anything I can do to improve my writing or if there are any mistakes.

 Have a lovely day

- Heroic♡