-- == INDEPENDENCE DAY? == --

》 »  "Clearly you've been shopping in Wal-Mart like this hobo! You've never seen real merchandise girl." Darius tried, in a hopeless attempt, to defend himself. Didn't really work in his favor though, because it just earned him a punch in the face.

      From said 'hobo'.

    Amren covered her mouth with her hands impressed with the force of his punch. Zhen-Zhen looked like she would rather jump of the cliff that stand where she was another second, and Alex seemed extremely panicked. The Italian boy turned and looked at Amren, examining her exposed arms. "Are you okay- Are you both okay?" He asked, his gaze switching from the blonde beauty to the ginger genius.

      Alex nodded as he took a moment to analyze himself. Amren sent him a thumbs up, the most Darius had done was shove her, and nearly push her off a cliff, but nothing to serious right? "Yeah, thank you." "Thanks." Amren and Alex responded, as Darius finally collected himself.

"Who are you?" Darius asked, his tone filled with annoyance, declaring he was probably very pissed off with the random boy. "Gabriel." Amren smiled to herself, 'Mystery boy finally has a name' she thought as he stepped back beside her. "You live around here?" Alex asked shuffling back towards the trail which he used to find the cliff. "Yeah, yeah. You guys from the, uh, camp?" He asked Zhen-Zhen, since she hadn't said a word. Zhen-Zhen kept silent moving her way over to stand beside the Maunwell girl. "She's not much of a talker." Amren bluntly stated as she rested her arm on Zhen-Zhen's shoulder. 

     "That- That was a lucky punch by the way." Darius claimed pointing at Gabriel. "I haven't acclimated to the altitudes yet, so my reflexes are. . .sub-par." He reasoned, childishly, causing the blonde to shake her head, with a scoff.

DING!

DING!

DING!

DING!

      "What the hell was that?" Amren, look at her phone, after hearing the notification go off. "What does it say?" Gabriel asked, being the only one without a phone as he leaned against Amren's back to look over her shoulder. "It's an emergency broadcast system." Alex stated as if it were a no brainer. 

"All civilians are to evacuate,

metropolitan areas immediately.

Under no circumstances,

approach any unknown aircraft."

     "It's the next 7-11!" Darius exclaimed, shoving his phone back in his pocket. "That was 9-11, dumbass! 7-11 is a gas station!" Amren shouted at him, reaching over and smacking the back of his head for his stupidity. "Ow!" Darius yelped, rubbing the spot where she hit him.

     "We need to get back to the van," Alex stated, looking at Amren for support, who in turn, gave him a confident nod. "Anyone remember know the way?" The blonde looked around, her gaze landing on Gabriel, who gave her a small nervous nod, trying not to squirm under her pretty diamond eyes. "I do, follow me."

     "Okay. Whoa! Whoa." Darius interrupts, stepping in between Gabriel and Amren. "Slow your roll, Dora The Explorer, all right? This is my clique. Soldiers out!" Darius exclaimed, turning and walking in the complete opposite direction of where the van was. Causing the Maunwell girl to shake her head, and Gabriel to lead her, Zhen-Zhen, and Alex, the proper way. 

     After a rather painful jog, they finally made it to the place where the van's parked. "The hell?" Amren panted out a little, looking around, and spotting absolutely zero vans. "Everyone's gone!" Alex panicked, running his hands through his hair, and pulling on it slightly. "Assholes!" Darius yelled, kicking the dirt. "Probably got the emergency signal, and went back to camp." Gabriel reasoned, keeping himself beside the blonde haired girl.

     The sound of a giant explosion, caused the kids to look up. "What the fuck?" Amren questioned out loud, her rhetorical question, was answered by Alex. "Looks like explosions in the upper atmosphere." Amren looked at him and nodded, trying to wrap her head around that. "Call them, and have 'em send a van to pick you up." Gabriel asked, all the kids took their phones out, Amren had trouble though, he hands were shaking slightly from the adrenaline rush. "Here." Gabriel offered taking her cellphone from her hands, and turn it on, only for it to not turn it on at all.

     "It's dead? I had 90% two seconds ago." Alex complained, shoving his phone back into his short pocket. The Maunwell girl looked at her phone as Gabriel passed it back to her. "Mine too, I didn't even use it until the emergency broadcast was sent out."

    "Stupid piece of shit, Boost Mobile." Darius whined, throwing his phone into the dirt. "Mine's dead to, Zhen-Zhen spoke quietly to Amren, who nodded in acknowledgement.

    Five military planes, flew by them. The lake they stood beside splashing out to the sides from the force of air zooming past it. The jets flew up shooting at something Amren couldn't quite pin-point, until a loud explosion sounded. She guessed it must've been another air-craft of some sort.

    "Whoa! Ah!" Alex yelped in fear.

     "Whoa!" Darius yelled in surprise. "What the hell is that about." Amren exclaimed, brushing some hair out of her face.

    "Oh my god- It's Independence Day." Gabriel concluded, slapping his arms by his side, a failed act of trying to seem calm. Amren slowly turned her head to him, giving him an incredulous look.

". . . . . ."

"Independence Day?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! I know, small hiatus, but uh here's a new chapter! I'm so glad to see that so many of you guys are enjoying this book! Please let me know if there is anything I can fix! Have a great day!

- Heroic <3