-- == JUVENILLE HERO == --

》» So far, Amren had been at camp for a full day. Wasn't much, she met the people in her cabin, and was introduced to the whole concept of what the camp did every summer. Mostly a bunch of 'crazy' athletic activities like; ziplining, canoeing, kayaking, and a bunch of stuff that people considered 'extreme'.

     Those were baby steps to her. Amren had always been athletic, she ranged in plenty of different sports before she stuck to soccer, and snowboarding, but that was a winter thing not a summer thing.

      But enough about sports, this was about camp, and currently she and her cabin-mate, and almost friend Zhen-Zhen, were currently getting ready for their day of wide-water rafting. Zhen-Zhen didn't speak much, but just enough to make a friendly link with the youngest in the Maunwell family. She currently wore a boy-scout like outfit, topped with one of the weird pelt hats too, but she pulled it off. Amren chuckled watching the girl check her clothing choices in the mirror while she changed, a pair of black denim shorts were her choice of pants, as well as a white tank-top that was cut down the side seams, a grey nearly black sports bra.

   "How's this Zhen? Too open?" Amren asked the small Asian companion of her own, as she spun around to show off her outfit, while simultaneously putting her socks on. "Just fine, besides if they stare and get distracted, we win." Zhen-Zhen spoke monotonously, as she walked over to her friend and began to do her hair for her.

     "Thank you, makes me feel confident and competitive." She chuckled, while she slipped on her shoes and tied her laces on her white Converses. Amren heard Zhen-Zhen chuckle behind her, before the cabin counselor walked in. "Alright girls, let's get loaded up!" The counselor in their cabin was rather chipper and happy all the time, which in a cabin that consisted at least 4 girls. Amren and Zhen-Zhen were the first to leave their cabin, speed-walking towards the vans while they kept a hushed conversation.

     "Move! Move over dude, my balls are sweating man, and I need room!" A rather obnoxious boy, who Amren could've sworn was named Darius, based of what she heard from the neighboring cabin. Apparently he's really annoying, rich, and thinks every girl wants to blow him.

     She felt a lot of pity for the poor freckled ginger haired boy, beside him.

---------------------------------------------

     So. . .wide-water rafting and canoeing were both a no, apparently a kid got scared and might've shit himself when going over the rapids, Amren found that part funny, but the waiting not so much. Instead, Amren now followed Zhen-Zhen through a a small trail, to find the photo spot for the 'Rim Of The World' brochure.

     "This is an unnecessary hike, for an adorable photo spot, I hope you are aware Z." Amren joked as she did random stretches here and there along the trail. Zhen-Zhen merely shrugged the girl's playful complaint off. The youngest Maunwell member, watched as Zhen-Zhen jogged up to a ledge, and held out her arms like she was on the titanic, which was exactly what the person in the picture was doing.

     Amren smiled, and took out her phone she received that morning, and took a few photos of Zhen-Zhen in said pose. "A photogenic beauty in her natural habitat." Amren said in a posh accent, making Zhen-Zhen chuckle and lose composure. 

 STOP! STOP IT LET GO! LEAVE ME ALONE! 

    Amren and Zhen-Zhen, spun around at the desperate pleas of defense. Which instantly made Amren's fight or flight reflexes kick in, in this case is was mostly fight. The blonde quickly hurried down the trail, Zhen-Zhen following her shortly afterwards. They stumbled upon Darius, and that ginger boy from earlier, who Amren was informed, was named Alex, after he had awkwardly introduced himself to Zhen-Zhen the day prior. "Hey, weed for brains, he said leave him alone, so leave him alone." The Maunwell girl forcefully demanded, tearing Darius away from a mostly defenseless Alex. "Hey watch the merchandise crazy lady!" Darius yelled shoving her back into Alex, who gasped, Zhen-Zhen helping him away.

     Icebergs rose up in her diamond blue eyes, like knives ready to impale someone with one wrong move. "Leave him alone." She spoke slowly and strongly. Her fists where clenching and unclenching in a pattern to calm herself down, her posture was perfect, and she kept her chin raised, she really didn't want camp to be like school.

     But some fights you can't always win.

     "Oh and what ya gonna do, punch me?" Darius teased shoving her again, making her heel touch the edge of the small overhang they were on. Amren faltered for a moment, before she huffed and raised her fist ready to strike. 

      "Don't touch her!" Called an unfamiliar voice, an Italian looking boy revealed himself from the tree line, stepping towards Darius, and pulling Amren out of his reach and behind her in a defensive way. Amren was slightly pink in the cheeks, and very confused, as the random boy kept her behind him, glaring down at Darius with a type of wildfire in his brown eyes. 

     "What the- who are you?! Go away mountain hobo, I have no quarrels with you!  It's her  I wanna fight, she touched the merchandise!" Darius overexaggerated, as he tried walking around the random boy in hopes to grab Amren and fight her, which would utlimately just end in him losing.

    "You aren't anywhere close to merchandise dude!"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! I know I haven't written in a while I've just been procrastinating a lot, but I managed a chapter out. I know I said it would be for 'Don't Back Down' but I promise the next chapter will be for that. Again super sorry, but I hope you guys are having a lovely day!

- Heroic