Chapter 3

DJ

Although we arrived nearly twenty minutes late to my own wedding rehearsal, I couldn't have been more happy. Pre-marriage excitement was coursing through my body and I wanted to make the most of it.

When we got out of the car Ben leaned in and whispered,

"How are you feeling?"

I smiled back at him.

"I'm feeling... excited. And... lucky."

He grinned widely.

"Me too. Dont forget nervous."

"Thanks for reminding me," I replied, rolling me eyes.

He laughed and took my hand.

"Oh, I forgot. I have something for you. Just a pre-wedding gift."

He pulled a little white box out of his pocket and handed it to me.

I let out an excited squeal as I took it.

I slowly opened it and gawked at the beauty inside.

There was a dainty silver chain with small glass charm in the shape of a raindrop. Inside were a few red rose petals.

"I had it made with the petals from the first flowers I gave you, remember them?" He asked, lifting the necklace out of the box.

"We were fifteen. I was asking you to homecoming. You said no, until you saw the flowers."

I laughed at my dumb past-self.

He put it around my neck and clasped it.

"I saved one, knowing it would come in handy some day. I was right."

I could feel myself getting emotional.

"Ben, I'm never taking this off," I said, throwing my arms around him, wiping my teary eyes on his shirt.

"Hey!" He exclaimed jokingly as he saw the mascara I'd left on it.

"Oh, it'll wash out," I said as I tousled his dark hair.

I gave him a kiss on his dimple before he went to find his parents before the rehearsal started.

As I looked around the pavilion, which was already looking like the fairytale wedding I'd always wanted, flashbacks of Ben and I planning it all together ran through my mind.

After long nights of planning, caterers, quitting, and finance problems, everything had come together, just like we knew it would.

I took one last look around and took a deep breath, fingering my necklace, and praying that this feeling never went away.

Jazz

Almost everything had gone perfectly at the rehearsal.

Kaia, DJ's best friend and maid of honor, blasted music from her phone and everyone had a great time dancing and hanging out.

Freddie and Isla, who were here to help set up, finally finished and joined us.

"Hey, who wants to play hide-and-seek tag?" Ben's little sister Becca asked.

Everyone, being unable to object to the six year olds' cuteness, agreed.

An hour later everyone was covered in dirt from running around and hiding in bushes, we called it quits.

DJ, Ben, Kaia, and a few of the groomsmen and bridesmaids left for their bachelor and bachelorette's party at a hotel downtown.

None of the teenagers were ready to leave, though, so my dad ordered some pizzas for us and he and mom went to pick them up.