Chapter 12

Freddie

It was around 9 in the morning when we finally got a reaction from people.

Preston's parents texted him demanding him to come back home, along with Jonah's parents and DJ. 

I guess I got lucky this time, with a parent that doesn't care.

We pulled into a gas station right before going into Hardville, the place the truck was spotted, to get breakfast and stock up on food so we didn't have to stop much. We also stopped at an ATM to get cash so our parents couldn't track our credit cards.

We finally got to the Motel we were staying in.

It looked a little janky, but whatever.

There was a tiny spare room with a little bed that I took. I just threw my stuff on my bed and got ready to leave.

I walked into the main room where Preston and Jonah were staying.

"Where exactly are we starting?" I asked.

"First, we should go to the location the truck was spotted. Then, ask anyone around in that neighborhood if they've seen her or the truck," Jonah said. 

We hurried to unpack, then left the motel. I circled around the nice little neighborhood while Preston tried to figure out how to use the GPS. I'd never left town by myself, so I've never had to use it. 

"Would you hurry up?!" Jonah finally exclaimed. 

"I'm trying! This thing isn't from this century," Preston said, smacking it against the car door.

He looked at it closely. 

"Hey, that worked!" He said and handed it to Jonah.

"Just type in where we're going."

Jonah put in some numbers and was suddenly directing us around town. We drove for about 10 minutes when he said we were here.

It was a small street at the end of a busy road. I pulled to the side of the street and parked.

"Right over there. In front of that house," Jonah said.

We got out and hurried over.

And we began our adventure. 

Isla

When I woke up, I would have never expected the amount of stuff I missed.

Jonah, Freddie, and Preston ran away to look for Jada, and DJ was blaming it on herself for taking them to Freddie's house. 

She and Jazz were planning on leaving in two days to look for them, and I was tagging along.

We would have left today if the neighborhood search wasn't these next two nights, and Jazz and DJ felt they needed to be here. 

Preston

After an extremely long day of finding nothing, I was exhausted. Mentally, and physically. 

We had searched around the neighborhood searching the ground, going door to door asking people if they'd seen anything. But we came up with nothing.

I also felt really depressed and homesick, but I knew I was doing this for Jada.

I told Freddie and Jonah that I was going out on a walk to get some fresh air, but really I had to get out of that motel. It basically stood as a constant reminder that nothing has changed since we got here.

I grabbed my jacket and hurried out of the motel. 

I cut through the parking lot and took a route I didn't recognize.