Chapter 4

Isla

Right as Freddie and the others drove away, Jonah, who was still holding his little sisters' hand, started to walk around near where we saw Jada last.

"Stay right next to me," he said.

I gratefully obliged. 

I was glad I got partnered with Jonah. If there was someone dangerous out there I'd rather take my chances with him over anyone else. He's built like a wall! Cute, too.

Nope, now is not the time. Sorry.

We searched around the field, then eventually went over to the church right next to the pavilion. 

Jonah was about to walk up to the front door.

"Wait!" I yelled.

He whirled around and Becca jumped.

"What if someone's in there?"

He looked at the door for a second before walking away.

"You're right. We better not risk it."

We circled around for 15 minutes with NO LUCK. We were all crossing our fingers in hope that the others had found something.

"Can we go home?" Becca asked tearfully.

"Soon, Becca," Jonah said gently, patting her shoulder.

So when we saw Freddie's car pull in, we all ran to get the verdict. 

Although, the second I saw their faces and no Jada in the backseat, I already knew the answer. 

Freddie

None of us had seen as much of a sign of Jada.

When we finally met the others, no one even had to say anything.

We took a look at each other's faces and knew.

"Here, get in," I said with a sigh to the three. "I'll drive us into town."

Becca and Isla squeezed into back, pressing against Preston and Jazz.

Jonah got in the front seat.

"Where should we go first?" I asked.

"Let's try the Pizza place. Maybe my parents will be there."

I backed out of the parking lot, happy to get away. That place was starting to give me creeps. 

"Nice car," Preston said from the back after almost five minutes of silence.

"Thanks," was all I could say. My car wasn't the best, but after three years of different jobs I had finally learned enough cash to buy it, much to my mom's disapproval. 

Everyone was staring out the window hoping to catch a glimpse of the Maxwell's. 

We finally got into town a few minutes later and we passed the police station. 

"THAT'S MY PARENT'S CAR!" Jazz screamed so loud I slammed on the breaks, jerking everyone forward. In fact, I felt a thud against the back of my seat and an "ow!" from Preston.

I looked over and saw that it was, indeed, her parents car. I quickly pulled in and we all jumped out. 

We looked at the car, and Jazz circled around the other side.

We heard a shriek and immediately ran to see what was wrong. One of the windows was fully smashed.

"That wasn't like that before, right?" Preston said.

I rolled my eyes.

Honestly, you can never predict what comes out of that guy's mouth.

"They must be inside," Jonah said, already halfway to the door. 

Lo and behold, standing inside was Jazz's parents. She sprinted over to the them and they looked at us in surprise.