Princess

"Hemmings, Michael's looking for you."

That was the sentence that completely wrecked Luke's Tuesday. He was having a perfectly fine day, thank you very much, but that one statement immediately had him twisted into a bundle of jittery nerves. What did the school bad boy want with him? He didn't do anything. He'd never even spoken to Michael Clifford.

And he didn't want to. Michael Clifford was the one person that set Luke on edge. He set everyone on edge. Hell, probably even Principal Meyers.

So Luke sat fidgeting in every class, his worry growing every time someone reminded him that Michael Clifford was looking for him. Michael Clifford, the punk. The one nobody messed with.

At the end of the day, he rushed to his locker, determined to get out of the building quickly. He pulled books out of his floral print backpack and shoved them in, and vice versa. The final bell had sounded like heaven to him.

"Luke!"

He jumped about a mile high and then sighed in relief. It was only Ashton.

"Luke, I've been hearing all over today that Michael's looking for you! Holy cheeseballs what did you do? Did you sass him? Michael Clifford is the one person you cannot sass! You know that. Oh God, I don't want you to die, you're my best friend-"

"Ashton, I know! I know he's looking for me," he interrupted. "Come on, I need to get out of here. Let's go out the front today, it'll be less noticeable."

The curly boy nodded fast and slammed Luke's locker shut. They usually took the back door because it was closer to Luke's house. But taking the time to go around the block wasn't nearly as bad as the thought of Michael gutting him like a fish where no one would see.

They were almost free. Turn the hallway... out the front door... and outside yes! They were safe-

"Hemmings!"

"Shit," Luke whispered. He turned around to see the one and only Michael Clifford leaning against a tree nearby.

"Y-yeah?" He said. Michael was looking him up and down, from his flower crown to his turquoise vans.

"Didn't you hear I've been looking for you?"

"It was vaguely mentioned, yes," he rapped his fingers nervously against the side of his leg. Holy crap he was scared. "W-why?"

Michael glanced over at Ashton. "Get out of here, Irwin, I need to talk to your fuckbuddy."

Luke gasped. "Excuse you! We are not 'fuckbuddies'!"

Michael rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Run along, Irwin, he'll will meet up with you later."

Ashton glanced at Luke questioningly. He gave Ash a simple nod and Ashton bolted away.

When he looked up Michael was standing a couple feet away. Why the hell was he so close?

"Y-yes?" Luke said.

"Are you afraid of me?"

Luke looked at all the other kids who walked at least ten feet away from where they stood. Who isn't, he thought.

"You don't have to be scared, baby," Michael purred stepping closer. "I don't bite....always."

He took another step closer and another until they were pressed together and Michael had his arms wrapped around Luke's lean figure. Luke had gone from very scared to very confused.

"What do you want?" Luke asked.

Michael gave him a smirk and backed him up against the wall. "Isn't it obvious?" He said in a smoky voice that made chills run down Luke's spine. "I want you, princess."