Beautiful

Luke frowned on the back of Michael's motorcycle, trying not focus on the pain in his lower lip. And the ring now encircling it. His mum was going to kill him.

At least he got all of the things he needed. This was revenge enough on Michael for forcing him to get a lip ring.

Once they got back to Luke's house, he quickly yelled, "Hi, mum, bye!" Then rushed up the stairs, dragging Mikey behind him.

Once inside his room, he clapped his hands, "Alright, let's get started. Hair first!"

Michael pouted and touched his hair one last time. Luke pointed to the bathroom. With a sad sigh, Michael went into the bathroom and said a final goodbye to his awesome hair.

+÷+÷+÷+

"I look so gay," Michael whimpered after drying his hair.

"You are gay," Luke said.

"No, I'm pan," he said.

"Oh," Luke said. "Whatever. It's time to do your makeup."

He led Michael out of the bathroom ("You can't see until I'm done!") and began applying the consmetics. He painted Michael delicately like he was fine art. Foundation and blush and light eyeliner and mascara and shimmery pink eyeshadow and sparkly lip gloss and Michael was ready to die of embarrassment. Luke took his time coating his face in the gunk. He was then forced to take off his dark clothes and put on a lacy pink top that matched his hair and lightwash skinny jeans like Luke loved to wear.

"I feel stupid," he said when he was done.

"Nonsense," Luke said. "You look beautiful."

Michael humphed and then said, "My turn."

Luke's makeover didn't take nearly as long as Michael's did. All he had to do was wash his face to make sure he had no makeup on, change his clothes, and let Michael quiff his hair.

Luke felt awkward in the Nirvana muscle tee. He'd never listened to the band, much preferring Taylor Swift to punk music. The black skinny jeans weren't much different from his regular skinnies except for the hole in the knee where his foot got caught as he put them on.

When they went to the mirror, it was like it was reflecting an alternate universe. Luke was a punk and Michael was a flower child. They gaped at their appearances. Michael sadly fingered his hair and Luke thumbed the lip ring. And then they turned to one another.

"This is so weird," Michael said. "It's like opposite day."

"I know," Luke said. He mentally high-fived himself at the job he had done. Michael's features looked soft and pretty. The shirt was strangely suiting even if you could see the tattoos on his arms. "You look beautiful," he said without thinking.

"And you look sexy," Michael smiled. The Nirvana tee showed off Luke's muscles. "Maybe next time I'll get you to dye your hair."

"Absolutely not," Luke said, still smiling. Then he did something he never thought he would do.

He leaned in and kissed Michael. The kiss lingered for a moment before the pressure on Luke's newly pierced lip made him wince and pull away.

"Was that because you dressed me up to look the way you like?" Michael teased.

"No," Luke chuckled. "It was for putting up with my shit. I basically just tortured you and you took it like a champion."

"Not like I had much choice in the matter," Michael said, playing with the white flower crown I had placed on his head.

"Sorry about your hair," he said genuinely. "I know you're upset about dying it."

"It's alright, princess," he said. "I'll get over it. Hell, maybe I can make it work. Pink is the new punk!"

Luke giggled and kissed him again.

"What was it for that time?" Michael asked.

"For being truly beautiful," Luke said. "I'm glad you made me come out with you. You're a wonderful person and I had judged you too soon. I'm sorry for that. Now I see you're a beautiful person, inside and out."

Just some fluff for your post Valentine's Day feels. Leave me a comment or vote or whatever :)

Hugs and Butterflies xx