2. silence

not requested. they/them.

Why did he even call me in the first place? He didn't say anything when I picked up, and there were no courtesy greetings... only silence. At first, I questioned if he was awake or not. Then he tweeted, and I realized he was awake. Maybe, like me, he just wanted companionship. Not someone who would talk both your ears off and then make you want to take a swim in battery acid, but someone who's just... there. Someone who understands and that you can vibe with. Am I even like that? I guess I have a nice vibe, but it's not like I actively ask what my vibe is like. Damn, would I even pass the vibe check? Okay. Wait. That was really off track. Back to Corpse. Why did he call me...?

I considered asking him, but didn't want to break the silence. The timestamp says 4:25:50... has it really been four hours? Jeez. That means it was 12am for me when he called, and 9pm for him. I'm kinda tired, but at the same time I don't wanna fall asleep in case he has something important to say. I wish I could just be brave and ask. It wouldn't- shouldn't, be this hard to talk to him.

"Uh..." Okay, whoa, shouldn't have done that. My voice came out all soft and childlike. I hope he didn't hear that. And if he did... I'm going to be so embarrassed. Because, er, you see... I kinda have a crush on him. I've been harboring these feelings like a law abiding citizen would harbor a criminal, constantly on edge and just wanting to turn myself in. But I can't. Because he clearly doesn't feel that way for me. And also, I want a genuine friendship with him and not some weird half-assed one where neither of us really care. I care for him. I want to be there for him. But we live too far apart to make it work.

Another hour has passed. The sun is rising for me, but the night has basically just begun for him. This invokes a thought I often have; Is 2am considered morning or night? As someone who does frequent all-nighters, 2am feels closer to nighttime than morning. So I consider it to be morning. I wonder what Corpse would think... I should talk to him.

"Corpse?" My voice is hushed. The sun is still rising. It looks beautiful.

"Mmm?" Just the low hum of acknowledgement makes my heart flutter.

"Why did you call?" I make sure not to say it in a tone that could be misinterpreted. I was happy to spend the night (for me) with him, but I wanna know why.

"You sound tired."

I yawn. It's true, I am tired. Not of him, but of keeping my eyes open. In other words, I'm sleepy.

"I am, but never of you." Now why the fuck would I say that? He probably thinks I'm so weird.

"That's really sweet. But... You know I know, right?" My breath catches in my throat. What?

"Know what?"

"That you like me. I've known for a really long time." My heart drops.

"Oh um... I'm sorry, I think I should go-" My finger hovers over the "end call" button.

"You should know, I like you too." 

ー 윤아 speaks !

i hope you liked this lol sorry it's kinda short tho :/