16. elated 2

It's been 6 months. Six months since I moved all the way from my apartment in Santa Clarita to Corpse' apartment in San Diego. It was kind of hard at first, away from Sam and my parents. But I've adjusted just fine. Decorating was easy as well, since Corpse kept everything monochrome to begin with. Slowly I've been adding colours, first blue, then purple, and now green. He pretends he doesn't notice. One thing that I can tell worries him is that we still can't see colour other than when we're making eye contact. I can feel his insecurities as my own. I wish he knew that I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I was falling in love with him. We're bound to each other. Destined to fall in love and be with each other. In this life and the next. I think I love him. But if that was the case, I should be seeing colour all the time.

"Bub, can you c'mere?" He's sitting on the couch while I prepare dinner. I love cooking. Usually, he'll be in the kitchen with me, but since he finished streaming not that long ago I want him to relax. "Mhm!" I reply, wiping my hands on a towel and going to him. He's reclined on the couch, left arm on the arm rest and sitting with his legs crossed.

He pats his leg, a silent ask for me to sit on it. Luckily, I hadn't gotten to the actual "cooking" part yet, so I can sit and chat without worrying that I'm burning something. I sit on his leg, letting myself lean naturally into him. He's comforting. He doesn't say anything for a bit, instead opting to pull me closer to him, cupping my face in his hands and rubbing my bottom lip with his thumb. I'm tempted to pull away, since we can always cuddle up like this after and I'm probably hurting his leg by sitting on it. "Can I kiss you?" He asks, eyes flicking away from mine for a split second to glance at my lips. "Yes."

I breathe softly, feeling every little thing as he brings his lips to my own and firmly holds me in place. My body fills with warmth, I can feel his heartbeat under the palm of my hand. "I-" I start, but he cuts me off, "Me too."

We break apart, looking into each other's eyes. And when I look away... colour. Everywhere. He laughs, lightly pushing me off his leg and standing up to spin me around, "How did you know?" He asks. I pause. Isn't this supposed to be something that happens in the dead of night? Like, you wake up and you know? "I felt it." I reply, he lets me go, "Oh, sweetheart... I'm going to have to treat you to something nice tomorrow."

I've never doubted his word before, and I still didn't now. He's taken me to a few different places to shop for clothes, and currently we're in a jewelry store. "Pick out anything you like." He says, going over to look at some chains. I browse through the display cases, nothing catching my eye until I see something on a little silver chain. A broken heart. It caught my attention, since there aren't many pieces of jewelry that have broken heart's on them. I'm interested. Next to it, is a silver dinosaur. It seems kind of childish in such a fancy store, but I think Corpse would like it. "Is that what you want?" The lady behind the counter asks, pointing to the broken heart. It's discounted, since no one wants it. "Yes, and the dinosaur as well,"

Corpse doesn't say anything about my necklace. I pay for both and we leave, hand in hand just like always. Six months might seem like a short time to fall in love, but love doesn't have a timer until you can feel it. It just happens. I could've realized I love Corpse anywhere. A grocery store, the bathroom, driving. I just so happened to be sitting in his lap when my brain kicked me in the face and said "you love him!" I half wonder if he's been seeing in colour all the time for longer. When we broke eye contact, he looked around for a moment, but didn't seem too impressed. I thought briefly that there was a chance he didn't love me and wasn't seeing in colour, but he pointed out a shirt earlier and said its colour. Maybe he doesn't care for colour since he still doesn't know how much the world can offer him. I know how much the world can offer me, but I'm not so sure about him. He lives a very secret, private life compared to most adults and does something that has only recently been considered as a 'real' job. He has an audience, a platform to speak to, and if I'm honest... It seems overwhelming. He's doing what he loves, and he tries to seem happy, but I see when the smile falls. I see when he thinks I'm not looking and stops pretending he's alright for a split second. I see that. And it worries me.