4. philophobia

His kisses are feather light, not even really kisses, just brushes of lips against skin. My skin. I want him to mark me, to tell me sweet things and cuddle me. I have butterflies. But while I start feeling the slightest pressure of his lips on mine, I'm filled with fear. Fear of him saying those three words. The ones that will make me come to terms with my own feelings... I don't want him to say them. I want us to stay the same. I'm scared.

"Baby, you're shaking." His eyes rake over my slightly trembling form and I push him off of me softly.

I can't do this.

His hand comes up to my cheek, thumb brushing across the skin.

I can't do this.

"What's wrong?" His voice softens, and he gives me a beautiful smile. I can't explain it, I want him to hug me and leave me alone at the same time.

"Sweetheart, please talk to me." He caresses my hand in one of his, letting me stare and fiddle with his rings for a moment, then using two fingers from his other hand to tilt my chin up to look at him.

"What's wrong?" He pushes. How do I tell him I'm terrified of falling in love? How do I tell him I'm terrified of being hurt?

"I..." My voice trails off. I want his love, but I can't seem to give him mine.

I can't do this.

"Take your time." He smiles.

My heart is going a mile a minute, I can't do this.

I squeeze my eyes shut, pushing him away and putting my head in my hands. I don't want to cry. This should be the easy part. But it's not. I'm not terrified of falling in love, I'm terrified of rejection. His rejection. What if he really doesn't care? What if this was all a rouse to get me in bed? Tears are flowing freely now, there's no point hiding that I'm upset.

But he's here. He's really here for me. So he pulled my arms down and pulled me into him. It's clear he's not used to comforting crying girls, so he just holds me in his arms and rocks me back and forth. He's doing a good job. I need to admit it to myself, I need to speak it. I need to accept the truth.

"I..."

I can do this

"I love you."

ー 윤아 speaks !

sorry they're both so short, i'm tired haha