the end.

The dragon bares its fangs, roaring in the travelers face. They stare each other down, waiting for the other to make the first move. There was seemingly endless time, more than enough for the traveler to become unstuck and go back to the world they wished to be in. Back to their friends and the things that they love. But they are trapped here, in the memory of their past.

"You will never go anywhere, you have to defeat me first." The dragon said. 

"I will defeat you, whatever the cost." The traveler replied. But would they really? Would they really beat the dragon... No matter the cost? They liked to believe that they would. But truth be told, they knew that they could not beat the dragon. The dragon was everything they hated about themself.

"Well? Prove it then. Beat me and you will be free." The dragon flapped its mighty wings, claws coming in on the traveler. But instead of running away, the traveler stayed still. Maybe it would be best to leave the story here, they thought. If they made it out... Who knows what could be waiting on the other side? If they remained then they could never start again. If they remained then everyone would know, and nothing would move. Time would stay in this place forever. 

"Are you not going to protect yourself?" The dragon sneered. What a silly being this traveler was. One second they wanted to resolve the conflict so bad, the next... They wanted to die.

"No." They replied. They were not going to protect themselves, since they wanted to start a new life. They wanted to become someone else, and someone who loved what they did. They didn't want to be in the dragons clutches forever. That would cause more harm than good. Staying would cause more harm than good. And if they defeated the dragon, then what would happen? They would be better off leaving it behind. 

So it was better to die than suffer a little longer. After all, everything must end someday and starting over was better than kicking a dead thing. The traveler wanted to start anew. They had found people who loved them and wanted their friendship in another world, so who's to say they couldn't do that again? This world was cruel, and while there was support... In the end, they were trapped with just the dragon for company. 

"You're really just going to let it all go?" Yes, the traveler thought, I am just going to let it all go. 

— the traveler speaks. 

this whole thing was a metaphor. this account is closed, it was the dragon. i will never let you know how much writing here pained me after the first 4 oneshots. but it pained me a lot. this wasn't just some fun thing i did on the side anymore, it was more than that. and i'm sad to say, i hated it. i grew apart from corpse and the fandom. i grew apart from among us and the dreamsmp. i grew away from this account, where i had no friends and where i felt out of place. i grew into a place where i felt loved and appreciated. i still do. there's one person in particular that is on my mind right now, and who encouraged me to pen my feelings. so this is my goodbye. my last goodbye, since i already posted one on my message board. i don't take any goodbye lightly, since a goodbye insinuates forever, and i don't want to believe that anything is indefinitely forever or "for as long as i can help it." but this is well and truly goodbye. i don't want to be reminded of my time here anymore, as much as i liked it sometimes. it was good while it lasted. goodbye.