10. now she's getting married 2

I guess I thought married life would be different. I hate it. Not the idea of being married, the actual marriage to this man that I've dedicated 5 years of my life to. We haven't lived together before now, his family being Christian. I never really thought about how different he would be behind closed doors... I guess you never really know a person until you've picked up their shit stained underwear off of the hallway floor.

The underwear thing might be tolerable, if only he helped with dinner and maybe dishes. This isn't me being lazy (his words, not mine), it's me wanting him to do something other than sit on the couch all day and watch some testosterone fest. Occasionally he'll ask for a beer, but if I even sit beside him he has another demand. Do the laundry, clean the house, etc etc. It never seems to end. And my thoughts always wander back to the short period of time I lived with Corpse. We did the dishes together; I washed, he dried. I miss those times. When we did things together. I kinda wonder if that's what a relationship is supposed to be like.

"Babe, I'm gonna go out with the boys for dinner." He says. He's always going out as well, as if now he's allowed since I'm his wife. He's told me directly that before now he felt like every free night had to be a date night. It didn't have to be, we each have our own lives.

After he departs, I start my nightly ritual of making dinner, eating it, doing the dishes, cleaning up all the trash he's left around the house, and then taking a quick shower. He doesn't currently have a job, so from the hours of 9pm to 2am I work at a gas station. Glorious, am I right? Then I get to sleep from 2am to 7am which is when I get ready for my main job. Am I always super tired? Yes. Do I drink too much coffee? Also yes. Do I wish he would get a fucking job? Yes, a thousand times yes. Look, I'm all for being an independent woman who knows what she's doing and can provide for the family on her own, but I am barely making ends meet. This is like a rubber band about to snap. He doesn't even have to get a 'real' job, any job that pays minimum wage will do. We just need a little extra cash to keep us afloat. I tried talking to him about it, but he doesn't care.

After my shower when I usually will get a nap in, tonight I decide that I'll watch Corpse on stream. I got the notif before I showered, and since he's still streaming I'll watch him. His voice always soothed me whenever I listened to it when we were together, and it still soothes me now. For a while, when we were still just friends, I knew about his profession. I never said I knew anything since he didn't tell me, but eventually I spilled the beans and told him that I knew. He was slightly panicked, but was glad I told him. He said he felt lighter, like there was someone in his life outside of the internet who truly understood him. I never believed the rumors about him being a drug dealer. By the time the rumors got to me I'd known him too long to believe he would do anything of the sort.

Life moves quickly, in my opinion. It has already been 6 months since I got married and it only feels like it's been a week. I've fallen into a boring routine that mostly serves my husband and not myself. To his credit, he did finally get a job and our financial situation has improved. But our marriage hasn't. He doesn't believe in divorce so I know that's out of the question for a little while, but I suspect he's seeing another woman. Maybe it's just guilt and paranoia, but the money he brings home from his job doesn't exactly align with the 12 hours a day he supposedly works. Maybe I should call Corpse... at this point he's the only friend I have left. All my other ones have drifted away for some reason.

"Hey." My hood is up. This town is far too gossipy for me to be in public with a man who isn't my husband.

"Hey." His deep voice replies, he smiles slightly.

"I- I know you're probably wondering why I asked you to meet-" He chuckles, cutting me off.

"Actually, I'm not. I know you're attracted to me like a moth to a flame." His cocky tone makes me want to cringe... but he's right,

"I have no fucking clue what to do, I want a divorce so bad." I respond, glad to be able to get it off my chest.

"Then divorce him. Sweetheart, you deserve so much better than him." I can hear jealousy and love in his voice. I should've known that he would say something like that, given our history together.

"But we've been together so long... I really want this to work."

"Okay maybe try this, stay with him for another 6 months. If you absolutely cannot bear it, then consider the divorce again."

I took Corpse' words to heart, trying harder than ever to make the marriage work. I had finally sat down with my husband and talked to him about all of my problems with how it was going. Surprisingly, he listened and got a job the very next day. He's a barista at Starbucks now. Things seemed to be going well for a little while, but he still has me making dinner and doing the house chores all by myself. Sharing these was one thing he would not compromise on. "You're the wife," he said, "these are your responsibilities." How did I not know he would be like this after dating him for 5 years?

"Corpse." I whisper. I'm in the bathroom, it's 3am and I have work off.

"Bubs?" He asks, voice laden with sleepiness.

"Things got better, but they're still not good." I ignore the butterflies that fly around in my stomach. I'm being unfaithful, aren't I?

"I'm still in love with you," Corpse says abruptly.

"Wha-"

"Divorce him, I'll treat you better. I love you, baby. I really do." I'm kinda speechless at the abruptness of this. But this feels right... even under these circumstances.

"I love you too." I whisper.

"Marry me." It's not really a question, more like a statement.

"Yes." And just like on the day after my wedding, I'm saying yes to him as a married woman. Well, soon I'll be married to him.

ー 윤아 speaks !

gonna keep this a/n short since the last two have been long, but stop requesting smut. i don't know why people think i'm 17, but stop thinking that as well. i am a minor, and people have been sending me semi-graphic smut requests but think it's okay because i'm '17'. i'm not 17. also, being closer to legal age does not make it right for you to do that. i'm actually 14. please please please stop requesting that.