Chapter 27: Ganske

A/N: I promised smut.

Mat had recovered some of his pep by the time they reached the apartment, pushing River against the door as soon as it closed. He was in his neck again, but a lot more demanding; snuffling and nipping along the exposed length when River let his head rest back against the door.

"Bedtime," River tried to insist, but Mat laughed.

"Nope. Been watching you all night, watching me. Getting that naughty little look in your eyes."

"What do you expect? I was watching you tie up a sexy sub up there in front of everyone. It was hot."

"Oh?...Huh? Iggy?"

"Pretty sure."

Mat stepped back, holding River's shoulders.

"Were you jealous?" he asked, slightly disbelievingly.

River lifted his shoulders as well as he could. "Little."

"I kind of hate how you don't realize how perfect you are."

River hadn't been intending anything from his words, but he saw the flash of frustration in Mat's eyes and saw his opening.

"If I've been bad you could always punish me?"

Gray had taught Mat some pretty extensive techniques around spanking with hand and paddle, and even flogger, that River wouldn't hate him practicing right then.

"You know I don't want-,"

"Not real punishment," River whispered, not wanting to break the mood but needing to clarify.

Mat thought for a moment, but then got the look on his face that always made River have a pleasant shudder.

When they were in the bedroom, and Mat had instructed River to strip (in a tone that had the entirety of River's body clench in anticipation), River was unsurprised to see the ropes they'd bought the week before coming out of the toy-box. He was slightly more surprised when he was positioned on the bed with his face resting gently on a pillow and his hands knotted behind his back, with his ass high in the air. Only because Mat proceeded to wrap ropes around and across and between his thighs in a spider web of pressure against his muscles.

"You keep these ropes taut, Riv. The whole time. Don't close your legs. No matter what I do."

His voice was stern and rich; a low growl that was unexpected but more than welcome.

"Yes Sir, I understand."

And River did understand. He was aware that this was play acting for Mat in a way it wasn't really for him. But the combination was working for them. And one of the best things was how vocal being in character made Mat.

"Being so good for me. Laid out like a fucking gift."

He stroked River's ass until the skin had goosebumps all the way from the base of his spine to the back of his thighs, and he was slightly trembling. And he was expecting it, but the harsh crack of palm on butt still made him twitch and yelp. Though he was back under control for the next nine, only left panting, with watery eyes and a leaking cock.

"I think," Mat purred, going back to stroking the warmed flesh, chuckling when River whimpered, "I think, that you need to learn a lesson. You're fucking glorious River."

He dropped kisses down River's spine between words, still stroking, still apparently reveling in the desperate sounds River was making.

He kept his big hand wrapped firmly around River's tightly bound wrists, grounding him, as he reached over to grab the crop he'd left on the side.