Chapter 29: Joli

A/N: The last chapter 💖It's soooo fluffy 🦄

"Stay still," Ellis huffed, pulling the eyeliner away sharply before it could poke River's eye.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really excited."

"You really are," Owen chuckled. "I don't think I've ever seen you this...bouncy."

"I just can't believe how much things have changed. I've got Mat. I have this incredible new lifestyle that just suits me, somehow. I've got to do so much filthy stuff."

He whispered the last bit right at Owen, who giggled and hummed his agreement.

"And now you have an official Dom."

"Yup. And just right for me. I couldn't have coped with Mat wanting control every minute of every day, you know, but giving him complete control in bed, yeah, I'm very happy with that."

"You don't wish he was a little more Dommy outside the bedroom?"

River blushed, because it was something that he'd thought about.

"I want him anyway he comes to be honest. I love this, but I'd have given it up if I'd had to. If he hated it."

"Lucky he gets off on it as much as you do," Ellis grinned, coming closer again with the eyeliner.

* * * * *

Master François had organized the party, which all the platinum-member Doms and subs were invited to. River didn't even know at least half the people in the room, but Gray had told him they were there to celebrate a new trained Dom, because it didn't happen very often. And he'd also admitted that the Doms wanted to check out the competition, too, even if none of them would ever be competition in River's eyes.

Regardless, Master François seemed to have very particular ideas about how this would go, and he stood in the center of the small stage in the Lounge, with River kneeling – by his feet, but not at his feet. When he'd knelt, River had quickly adjusted the leather belts that dropped off his waistband – giving the semblance of a gladiator skirt – but had been utterly still since then. The matching leather harness he wore gave him a pleasant pressure against his chest and shoulder blades, allowing him to settle into the right mindset to move away from being Mat's boyfriend and into being his Dom's submissive.

He was aware of the buzz of chatter from in front of the stage, the clinks of champagne glasses, but he wasn't tempted to look up. Was barely conscious of the powerful leather-clad legs only inches from him. Those weren't the ones he was interested in. The buzz settled, and he felt a quiver of anticipation run through him, but he still didn't look up.

It was only when Mat climbed the stage and dropped to one knee, so he could lift River's chin and look into his eyes, that River came back to himself a little, smiling at the adoration he saw. Master François huffed, and River giggled, because he knew Mat was breaking the rules, or at least the expected behavior for the event. That he didn't care about the rules if they kept him away from River.

Mat had shunned the usual leather pants or designer suit, and was wearing black jeans that hugged his muscular thighs, and a black harness that matched the style of River's.

"You look happy to see me," he whispered sweetly, running his thumb under River's eye. "I like this. Didn't think it was possible for your eyes to be even more beautiful, but hey, here we are."

"Mateo," Master François growled, and Mat rolled his eyes so only River could see.

"'m happy to do it down here," he announced, winking up at Master François' frustrated scowl, though the man clearly couldn't help the slight upturn in the corner of his mouth.