Transmissions ✨

"Hello? Yes? Is this on? Okay." The woman in the video recording says, sitting down on the floor.

She looks young and healthy and beautiful, with freckles dotting her cheeks and a strip of starlight in her hair.

"Hi! My names Auri. Well, Aurora Jie Lin O'Malley, but no one calls me that unless I'm in trouble."

She runs a hand through her hair and laughs.

"Uhh, yeah. So Scar said I should probably do like a video journal or something, so I'm gonna do that."

"Aaaaanyway, so, I was meant for the Hadfeild expedition..."

//

"Say hiiiiii Fin." Aurora grins, angling the camera towards Finian, who is working on his suit in zero g.

Finian pulls a face and crosses his eyes, much to Auroras delight.

Spirits, I miss her.

"Uh yeah, this is my adopted brother Fin. He's an ass and I love him."

Fin smirks, and continues to work on his suit.

"We're headed for the Convoy to get the..." Aurora turns to Finian, hair circling her face ,"what's it called again?"

"The black box."

"Ohhh, okay. Anyway, that's where we're going. Love ya byeeeeeee."

//

"AND THEN I KISS HIM! LIKE, AHHHHHHHH!" Aurora screams, falling down onto her bed ,"jesus I like him, don't I?"

She giggles.

"Hell yeah I do. Aurora O'Malley and Kaliis Gilwraeth."

She keeps her legs on the bed while keeping her body on the ground, her hair falling into her eyes almost constantly.

"He's really sweet. I like him. He looks scary but under all that he's nice."

"Yeah. He's adorable. I hope it lasts."

//

In this recording, she throws a ball of starlight up and down, her eye glowing and her nose trickling.

"Some things happened." She says, her voice dark ,"the weapon isn't there. And Kal is gone."

"I hate him. I hate him so much." She mutters ,"he lied to me! Straight to our faces."

"I hope I never see him again."

//

Aurora stands in front of the Uniglass, eyes wild.

"This will be my last transmission. I'm going to die now. I'm sorry. So, so sorry."

Tears streak down her face.

"I love him. If you're seeing this Kal, I love you. So much."

An explosion rattles in the distance.

"Goodbye. Don't think of me too much Legolas. They need you."

And the Uniglass turns dark.

My silver tears patter on the shattered glass as I trace a hand over it.

"Oh, be'shmai, I love you too."