Chapter 14

( 3rd person pov)
       The sun rose the next morning. The boys were both sound asleep. They woke to the sound of birds chirping and neighbors mowing the lawn. John had completely forgot about the ring in the matte black box on his shelf.
       As John went to prepare breakfast, Jaren went exploring in the house. He walked into john's office and sat in his chair. He only wore his boxers and one of john's hoodies. It was 3 times bigger than Jaren.
      Jaren started playing with all of john's things on his shelf. His fingers brazing over the matte box. With curiosity running through his mind, he slowly picked the box up. "Hey. Breakfast i- what are you doing with that?" John came in and went into complete panic.
      Jaren put the box back with a smile. "Nothin. Just curious bout what's in it. It's probably one of your nail polishes," Jaren was oblivious and John wanted to keep it that way.
      As they ate breakfast, the mail had rang. The mail man was a creep and had the hots for Jaren. Any chance he could, he would flirt with Jaren. John was fuming this time. Jaren's innocent mind didn't notice the hand being placed on his waist. John wasn't too happy. "Husband! What did we get? Oh! I didn't notice you were still here. We have stuff to do husband," John put an emphasis on the word husband.
      The mail man left quickly. John smirked in triumph. Jaren put the mail on the table and wrapped his arms around John. Jaren's tight embrace was comforting to him. He wouldn't want anyone else to hug him like Jaren did, and vice versa.   
       The lovely couple spent the day playing with the boys. Both in separate rooms of coarse. The couple laughed and had a fun time.
After the games, the couple headed out for dinner. Nothing fancy, nothing too expensive. As they sit in a booth across from each other, the waiter had taken their order. Jaren got pancakes, and John got an egg and bacon omelette.
Their food soon came and they dug in. Jaren got banana pancakes with whipped cream on top.
      After dinner, they decided to go to a park nearby. It was getting kinda late and the autumn air was chilly. Jaren loved this time of the year. All the leaves changing and falling.
     John pushed him on the swings and felt the air brush his cheeks. John loved the sight of Jaren being happy. It made him feel like he was doing something right for once. John wasn't very good with relationships. He would usually mess them up, but this one was different. He tried his best, and he was willing to keep fighting for it.
       The two boys ran around and acted like children. The time had slipped by quickly. The dark night replaced the warmth of the evening. The stars shone brightly above them. John took in the sight of Jaren under the moonlight. John has fallen even more in love with the smaller male.
      John found himself staring for too long. Jaren hadn't noticed. He was too busy crumpling leaves in his hands. The couple were oblivious to how much they loved each other. They have a bond that no one else can break. They are best friends, boyfriends, lovers, soulmates, and everything beyond that.
       The night ended with the couple laying down and getting settled for the night. John wrapped his arms around Jaren tightly. Jaren nuzzled into john's chest. It was comforting for the both of them.
      The night was slow. Both boys fell asleep quickly, embracing each other like one of them would disappear from the earth. It was an adorable sight to see. Jaren had a tiny trail of drool running down his cheek. John snored softly and kept Jaren close. John wasn't a heavy sleeper, so it was common for him to wake up in the middle of the night.
      Jaren was a heavy sleeper. He never woke up, unless he heard something loud. The night went by and the morning soon came. John woke up first. His hair was a slight mess, and he was sweating slightly. John turned the air on in the house and went to his office. Today was going to change their future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~