Chapter 15: The One You Forgot About

How does it feel to kiss Adrien Agreste? 

Well, Marinette wasn't quite sure when the kissing ended and the dreams started as she fell asleep on his chest - so let's say it was pretty darn great.

Best night in her life? Very possible.

Wait. I am sleeping on his chest! And... And... I am not panicking. She thought as she cuddled herself deep into his shirt.

His heartbeat kept her calm and filled her with this strange warm feeling that felt way too good. It was as if her own heart followed his beating in unison.

She wanted this moment to last forever.

Brr-brr. Marinette frowned with closed eyes.

Brr-brr. Adrien moved slightly.

Brr-brr. Marinette opened one eye and threw a murderous glace at her vibrating phone.

Don't you dare. She stared at the now-silent phone for good twenty seconds. Relieved, she closed her eyes once more-

Brr-brr. Marinette cursed silently. She tried to reach for the phone but it was way too far. After looking at Adrien, sleeping like smiling baby, one last time, she sighed anduntangled herself from his embrace.

Brr-brr. Marinette rolled her sleepy eyes. "I am coming..."

She grabbed the phone and stared at it like a grumpy grandma fighting with technology for a moment. It took her sleepy mind a long time to realize she had 69 unread messages from Alya.

Marinette bit her lip.

"What's wrong?" called a sweet, sleepy voice behind her.

Nevermind. There goes my chance to cuddle back to him as if nothing happened.

"I am not sure. Alya seems to need something-"

"It looks like we over slept." Adrien noted as he looked at his phone.

"No, you over slept. It's not even seven in the morning. Why would anyone voluntarily wake up before half past six is beyond me."

Adrien rolled over to her. Marinette looked back at her phone while continuing.  "Besides, what was that about going to sleep at the same time and waking up at the same time?" 

"What, you wanted me to stop and go to sleep? To be honest, I wanted to see how long it would take you before you'd get tired of my lips." He smirked when she gave him a blushing look. 

"I will never get tired of kissing you." she said honestly, shrugged and turned her attention yet again to the messy, unorganized message spam.

Adrien hugged her from behind and whispered to her ear "Me neither."

The familiar shyness and nervousness flowed through her body at his touch. Marinette was happy to stay silent, pretending that she knew exactly how to act like a girlfriend and not like a weirdo. A girlfriend? Is that what I am now? He rested his chin over her shoulder and squeezed her gently. "So what is Alya up to?" 

Marinette almost fainted. 

Then she shook her head just as her phone rang with a call from Alya that she insta-accepted.

What Marinette didn't realize was the fact that it was a video call. With a camera point straight at at her. Marinette's eyes went wide when she saw Alya - and more importantly - herself, being hugged from behind by Adrien in the next window of the call. She lighting-fast elbowed Adrien in the chest, making him fall off the edge of the couch with a surprised scream, in a desperate attempt that Alya wouldn't see anything.