Chapter 19: The New Boy

Marinette stared at the empty spot next to her. While she thought it was sweet that Adrien did his best to not wake her up so early in the morning, she also wished to kiss him good luck on the first day of his proper schedule.

It took her nearly an hour to get out of her head and moving. She planned to finally start making Adrien's outfit that day.

But first, food. Food is life. Food is love. Food is my everything.
'What about Adrien, Marinette?'
Please... He is a literal cinnamon roll.

The idea of going to the hotel's restaurant alone and being forced into social interactions with complete strangers that probably didn't even speak her language...

She opened the fridge and eyed the remaining food. She glanced away from all that Adrien's healthy stuff that was so green that it made Marinette sick and green as well. Marinette quickly looked away, instead locking on to a little box in the bottom of the fridge.

She sighed. Breakfast icecream it is.

Once she sat down with her 'nutritious' meal she turned on her ancient laptop and stared out of the windows.

There was a snow storm outside that made her shiver

There was a snow storm outside that made her shiver. The icecream didn't help with the chill at all, but who cares, it's still icecream.

Marinette cursed under her breath when her laptop crashed for the third time, turning her attention outside again.

How can the city be so beautiful, despite all the hardship? Be it rain, wind, snow or thunder, it remains majestic. I wish I could do that.

The morning streets were still lit up by lamps reflecting in the windows like torches in protest of the snow while grim clouds refused to make way for liberating sunbeams.

Marinette felt a chill run up her body.

I wish Chat Noir was here. This uninvited thought shocked Marinette. But it was true. She missed his banter. His jokes. His never ending loyalty... His loyalty?

What are you doing in Prague, my crazy kitten? What on Earth could have made you come here. Why didn't he tell me - tell Ladybug I mean - that he is leaving Paris?

Why didn't I tell him?

I just hoped nothing would happen... That way he wouldn't even discover that I left him.

Does he know I am here? Marinette, I mean? Would he care? He visited me many times over the years, but he was probably just messing with me.

What would I even tell him if he came? That I am Ladybug? What would he think after realizing that his perfect dream girl was simply a flawed mess with a lot of problems?

"I should have given my Miraculous away." she said outloud.

Tikki flew out of her purse sleepily. "What?"