Chapter 20: My Prince

I am sorry I won't be able to be there on your birthday next week, mom... Adrien thought as he looked on his phone's screen, heart broken.

"-you are supposed to look like a prince and a princess..." said the photographer hesitantly.

"I am not a Princess, I am a Queen!" complained the russian model with hands on her sides. She had blonde hair straight as needles and cold eyes constantly winking menacingly.

Adrien sighed.

"But... Princesses become Queens..." argued the balding man with the camera, his finger making nervous circles on the trigger.

"I want to be a Queen now!" the model stomped.

"Listen, can we just get back to the photos..."

"A princess...." she scoffed. "In Berlin they treated me like an Empress! What is this pathetic clown show of a town anyways. There isn't a single skyscrapper and all these old buildings make me want to puke."

"It's a city! I was born here forty years ago-" protested the man.

She rolled her eyes. "Show me one person who asked, old man. Plus names can be deceiving. People calling this village a 'city' doesn't mean it is one. Same with that boy over there, who they call a 'model'... What a joke."

"Miss, let's keep it professional."

The russian shook her head. "It stopped being professional when girly boys became models. Seriously, where are real men?"

"That's enough, miss. Let's get back to work."

"I am the only one you have, so don't you dare tell me what to do, you sexist pig." Adrien quickly ducked away from a flying purse and a dozen other things being thrown in her sudden rage of blinded feminism. Gosh, women can be scary sometimes, Adrien thought.

Then his eyes found Marinette. She stepped lightly as a cat so she wouldn't be noticed - or so she tried, before she stumbled over a tripod.

And some women can be quite adorable.

Adrien caught her and the basket she was holding.

"Hey there." he said. "What are you doing here, handsome?"

Marinette turned red in his arms. "I-I-I just thought- you sent me that text that you were hungry, so I thought..." she sighed at her stuttering. "I brought some apple pie and heart shaped lollipops. I actually went and bought it myself! Alone, in a czech shop!" her eyes were still wide in wonder.

Adrien smiled. "I am so proud of you." he kissed her on the nose and then finally helped her to her feet.

"Wait, what are you wearing?" she said with a shy smile after looking at him properly.

"Oh, you know, just a robe and armor, as you do normally." Yep. He was in a set of stylish armor...

"Ah. Well, it suites you really well."

"Thanks." Adrien was smiling, but Marinette could see something flash in those eyes of his again, something that others always seemed to miss.

"H-how are you feeling, Adrien?"

"Better, " he glanced in her eyes, face lighting up. "now that you are here."

"That's it!" screamed the photographer. The teens looked at him in surprise. The man was pointing at them wildly, squeezing his camera with regained strength. "That's the energy, the spark, the flames!"

Adrien and Marinette exchanged glances.

"Hello? I am talking to you!" mumbled the blonde russian. The photographer started arguing with her again.

"Who is that?" Marinette said, leaning onto Adrien's shoulder.

"That is my new photographer Marek, or Mark for short and that lady over there..." Adrien trailed off as he quickly stepped in front of Marinette to shield her from another barrage of random things. "That is my modeling partner. We are supposed to make a shoot together, but as you can see, things are not going so well."

"She is giving me some heavy Chloe vibes."

"Indeed." nodded Adrien.

"Be like that? Fine! I've had enough!" Mark turned away from the storming russian and walked directly to Marinette, sparks blasting from his eyes. "You, girl, you will be the new princess."

Marinette's world spun around. "W-w-w-what?" she peeped but he was already leading her to the dressing room. Her mind fuzzy, she heard a mix of russian insults and Adrien's excited cheering behind her.

Only when Mark showed her her supposed robe did she snap out of it and started waving her hands like mad." No, no, no. You don't understand, I just brought food and I don't even-"

"I don't want to hear about it." said the tired photographer. "You are my only chance at breaking through the photo scene. Do you realize how hard it is now in the world of art ? You and Adrien have something... That chemistry between you, the way you look at each other... I have never seen anything like it. I need to capture that."

That made Marinette pause. She bit her lip. "I am not sure..."

"Please..."

"I am horrible at photos..."

"That's why I am here. If I can make that dragon of a russian model look good, I can make you look like an Angel, girl." he winked and left her alone with the dress and the czech hairdresser

Marinette sighed.

-------

Adrien still waved the russian model goodbye, despite her throwing insults at him as if he was a dartboard.

When he turned around, he saw the most wonderful sight of his life.

Marinette walked out of the dressing room, her pink dress almost floating on her like a blanket of wind. She was blushing slightly, looking down on the ground with her hands clasped nervously. Then Adrien noticed the reflections of the golden petals woven seamlessly into her hair...

Adrien had to dreaming.

He stepped next to her and shot her a reassuring - no, a loving smile. She shyly smiled back, her blushing only increasing.

"Are you two ready?" asked Mark from behind his camera. "Please move to the left, so the castle is behind- No, that's too much, Adrien, to the right--aaagh, wonderful."

"Everything is going to be fine." Adrien whispered in her ear.

"It's cold, Adrien..." Marinette whispered back weakly.

Adrien picked her off the ground suddenly, hugging her tightly to his chest. "That's why I am here, Princess."

And then Marinette melted in the hands of her Prince.

----------

----------

Hey there loves, just a quick little update for you. I thought of this idea today, thought it was really cute and just had to share it!

The next chapter is probably going to be huuuge (aka long time to write) - so dont forget to add this to your reading list or the Wattpad algorythm wont show you my stories anymore 😱

I hope you are having a great day and I wish you the best. 💕💕