Chapter 16: Love In The City

And with one quick motion similar to a composer setting aside his pen after finishing his masterpiece, Marinette put down her tools and relaxed into her chair with pride.

It's done.

Well, the design at least. The actual outfit would take her a bit longer. Still, she smiled as if she climbed Mount Everest. It took her hours and hours of deep focus to come to this point and frankly she was hungry for a break. It's surprisingly hard creating an outfit for someone who is basically perfect since the outfit has to match his perfection and that stuff just isn't a walk in the park... But now it's done. Somehow.

Someone placed his hands on her tight neck and shoulders and massaged her lightly. "What do we have there?" Adrien asked over her shoulder playfully.
Marinette turned in her chair to face him and stood up, placing a finger on his lips. "I said no looking and no asking."
"It's my outfit, shouldn't I be the first one to see it?"
"Continue like that and you will be the last one to see it. You asked me to design it, so my work, my rules. Oh stop with the Puppy eyes! It's too cute." she said and smacked him with a pencil.
Adrien rubbed his head, laughing. "Looks like someone is ready to get a bit of fresh air."
Marinette sighed and relaxed. "Like never before."
"Let's go, I can't wait either." Adrien hopped from leg to leg, pulling her to the wardrobes.

Surprisingly, Marinette didn't forget to put on her winter clothes this time - a green coat with cute pink-red gloves and a matching scarf.

She turned to Adrien. With his elegant black coat, blond hair and green eyes deeper than La Manche he looked like a cover of a fashion Magazine. Come to think of it, that's not so far fetched...

Then he wrapped a scarf around his neck with a rapid motion.

Her scarf.

The one she made him for his birth day all those years ago. It looked almost ilegally good on him.

He looked at her with a smile. "What are you looking at?"

"What? Nothing. Why?"

He shrugged. "You just looked funny."

She giggled, ready to open the door to avoid talking about her - his scarf.

"Wait, Marinette. You almost forgot about this..."

"About what?" she turned at him.

His eyes shone with green flames. "Adrien? What is it ? You have your silly eyes!"

He smiled devilishly as he pulled out a pair of winter earmuffs, one red and the other blue.

Marinette shook her head resolutely. "No. No way."

It was Adrien's turn to put a finger on her lips. "Na-ah, Marinette. Remember, I invited you here and you accepted." he smirked. "My trip, my rules. So please, put on these ultra cute earmuffs so you don't catch the cold again, princess."
"It's princess now?" she smiled. "Well I can't say no to that. When those are the rules...  "
He nodded, still smirking playfully. "Those are the rules."

They both put them on. Marinette shook her head at his antics. "You are a dork. No arguing, you just are."

"I never argue with Truth."

"My name is Marinette."

He put a hand over his shocked mouth. "Oh no, I must be in the wrong room then?"

They both laughed on their way out of the room.

And that, leaving the room, was... strange. It didn't quite feel right for Marinette, almost as if she was supposed to stay back there, locked up, forever. Silly...