chapter 16: I hate school

Emily's POV.

Ugh! It's official, I hate school, and now even my favorite geometry class with Ms.Davis too because of my so-called ex-best friend Yolande and her two-timing bastard of a boyfriend Caleb.

Yolande and I met on the first day of high school and by the end of our first week in school, we were already best friends.

We weren't popular or anything but we were happy because we got each other and that was enough, but things started to change real fast. First, she became a cheerleader which brought more friends but I didn't mind so long as she was still my best friend, plus I didn't have the backbone to tell her that I didn't like her friends.

Secondly, she convinced me to become a member of the student body council because of my love for justice and leadership to which I did and eventually became the president and she also became the captain of the cheerleading team.
But things got out of hand pretty fast as Yolande started using my position and hers to oppress others as we were becoming more popular day by day.

I was so naive and gullible in the past when I thought she was my friend and that she was trying to protect me while bullying others in the process. I never said anything to defend anyone because I was afraid of losing my friends, school was the only place I got attention for my efforts.

So yeah! Go ahead and call me a hypocrite for deciding to shun and call them out on their bullshit now because of how they'd treated me regarding Caleb's assault only after I've sided with them through all the bullying.

I'm not gonna lie...past few weeks have been hell-like for me on this school grounds. Even before the whole thing with Caleb got out I was already having a hard time focusing on my school work.

Several things were on my mind, I was barely hanging in there and the party was my little escape for the moment but he ruined that for me too. Now almost everyone in school hates me because of one simple lie.

With Clenched fists, I bit down hard on my lip to the point of testing a metallic-like substance in my mouth just to prevent myself from saying anything as Caleb replied another one of Ms.Davis question with a sexual innuendo before the bell rang signifying the end of this period and I sighed in relief while picking up my things and making my way out of the classroom.

''Nice one being the teacher's pet back there Emily, is Ms.Davis your next victim?'' Amanda one of Yolande's minions asked and the rest of them started laughing and pointing fingers at me as I slammed my locker shut before making my way to the lunchroom with my head down, I can't believe they think Caleb is the victim in all of this!

When the issue with Caleb became public in school, he told everyone that I made a move on him, and when he refused my advances I got him in trouble which caused his suspension while I paid the principal off.

Now everyone thinks I tried to ruin my best friend's relationship by snatching her boyfriend. Like, come on people! It's just a high school relationship, they won't even be together by the end of the school year.

I made my way towards an empty table at the end of the lunchroom because I can no longer have lunch at my usual table for oblivious reasons, I took a deep breath while sighing in relief as no one called my name or made any snide remarks about me.

It so happens that I share the same lunch period as Yolande and her group of minions too. I know what you're thinking and no it's defiantly not better having familiar faces around, as a matter of fact, it's the opposite (sighs) it would've been better to eat in a room full of aliens than eat with these traitorous two-faced teenagers.

Yikes! I made the mistake of glancing at my old lunch table surrounded by my old friends and cringe inwardly when I'm met with Caleb's piercing grey eyes staring daggers right back at me and I tore my gaze immediately while looking in the other direction only to be met with another set of green eyes staring at me curiously?

Blake Fickleman is a 6ft something female track team captain of Middlebury high school, my school. She's the present vice president of the student body council and also the second smartest student in the whole of the school...well because I'm the first smartest student. Did I mention that I also quit my position as the student body council President? No? Yes did and I don't regret it one bit.

Blake is a senior just like me, with beautiful green eyes and a head full of recently dyed purple hair and the only person who's ever made me study a particular subject more than I already have to because we are always competing against one another academically and I refuse to let her bet me at that.

I've always had this feeling that Blake didn't like me because of how she'd contradict everything I did or say during our student body council meetings. Besides that, she'd just give me a blank look when we walk past each other on the hallways, and the most reaction I've seen her show about anything was an eye roll to let me know that my supernatural-themed idea for a Halloween party was too 'cliché'

Suddenly I no longer have the appetite to eat my lunch again, so I packed my things while tossing the delicious lunch Mrs. Billson packed for me...I gatto apologize to her later for that. As I'm walking out of the lunchroom, Blake Fickleman's eyes were still very much fixed on me.

Okay, people..this chapter is officially the hardest chapter I've ever had to write and I hope you guys like it.🤗 Anyways! Keep me posted by commenting so I'll know what you think about this chapter and vote while you're at it. 😚

Thank y'all😘😘😘😘😘😘