Chapter 17: Brother?

Emily's POV.

''Oh...that's the stuff!'' I whispered not so quietly as I shoved a hand full of skittles into my mouth before leaning back on my locker with my eyes shut while listing to Mood by 24kGoldn-ft.Ian Dior, it's a song I just started listing to recently and it's fast becoming my favorite song of all time.

It'ss still lunch break and since I didn't have my lunch like everyone else is doing right now it means I've got time to chill by myself before my next class starts at least without anyone giving me dirty looks.

I tried not thinking about Blake Fickleman as my favorite song blast through the air pods but I can't help but wonder what her deal is?...shouldn't she be happy out me quitting my position as president of the student body council? Where is the victory smirk or the usual blank look that feels like she's staring right into my soul? Instead, all I'm getting is a curious look?

Aargh! I can't get a migraine over something that might not even have anything to do with me. I shouldn't be doing this to myself right now, if Blake Fickleman has something to say to me I'm sure she will find a way to get her message across sooner or later.

''Watch where you're going, nerd!'' Someone yelled from the other end of the hallway and I turned to see a jock shoving a smaller kid out of his way as the kid muttered an apology while scurrying off. (sigh) Another thing to add to the lists of things I hate, the big kids picking on the smaller ones.

''What is this loser doing close to your locker babe?'' Caleb asked Yolande as they made their way towards me hand in hand and I snort. Did I mention that both of our lockers are side by side? No? Okay, but it is, another reason for us to see each other often.

''I could tell you what I'm doing here but I don't think that pea-sized brain of yours would comprehend the words coming outta my mouth'' He glared at me while Yolande fired.

''Don't talk to him like that!'' Ignoring her intemperate remarks I mutter ''At least now I know who wears the pant in this relationship'' under my breath.

''What are you insinuating Snow?'' Caleb asked stupidly and I clapped loudly as if to say 'ding, ding, ding! we have a winner!' while copying his stance with a lazy smirk before saying.

''I've always known you're all bark and no bite kinda guy Caleb, but letting your girlfriend fight for you? That's just low'' He laughed nervously.

''Pfft! Do you want me to fight a girl or what? I'm a lover, not a fighter short stuff'' That earned him a bunch of cheers from the now forming crowds and I rolled my eyes at the sheer idiocy of this guy.

''Right! Why to fight girls when you can have them cornered in dark allies right?'' He untangled himself from Yolande and was in front of me in a blink of and an eye.

''I would be careful with my words if I were you!'' Suddenly I'm overwhelmed by all the pent-up emotions from every single thing that's happened so far and I just want him to hurt somehow.

''Sure, I should be careful with my words or you'll feed others more lies about how I supposedly made a move on you right? Surly, last week's events haven't vanished from your memory so soon?'' I said with a smirk referring to the ass whooping he got from Jonathan.

''Is that a threat? Caleb seethed and I shrugged nonchalantly as more people stopped to watch whatever drama we were ready to give them this time.

''Why don't you find out for yourself short stuff?'' He eyed me as I've suddenly grown two heads and I let out sadistic laughter with a click of my tongue before delivering the final blow.

''Like I said, all bark and no bite.'' It happened so fast that I thought I'd imagined almost the whole thing but no it did happen alright. One moment I was taunting Caleb and the next thing I know Jonathan is twisting Caleb's right hand painfully behind his back with a heated glare before saying.

''I thought I asked you to stay away from my sister'' There is a lot of murmurs amongst kids as they asked all sort of questions like 'that's her brother? He's real? I thought it was just a story she told to get attention...He's so hot!' Freaking hormonal teenagers!
taken a karate stance when Caleb tried to hit me before Jonathan stopped him but I couldn't help myself so I kneed him between the legs and he dropped to the ground with a painful groan.

Jonathan is looking at a groaning Caleb clutching his family Jewels on the floor with a shocked expression, he didn't expect me to do that ''Good aim you got there'' he said with a chuckle while standing by my side and I laughed, like really laughed...gosh! I haven't felt this good in a long time.

Yolande rushed to help Caleb when she finally broke out of whatever trance she was in but she's fiercely pushed to the ground by him as he wobbled past a bunch of kids who were still shocked from the whole fiasco and I smirked at her. what? I did say karma was a bitch right?

Author's Note
Hey, my lovelies!!
How's everyone doing today? Here's another chapter for you guys and I'm sorry for disappearing, I promise to update more often. Please show some love by voting after reading a chapter🙏🙏