Chapter 18: Dysfunctional as they come.

Emily's POV.

Mr. Hernandez our principal came stumbling down the hall with a baffled look a few seconds after Caleb left the scene and some of the kids that stayed back shuffled away.

''I swear you kids are trying to get me fired at this rate'' He breathed like someone who'd just ran a marathon and I bowed my running out of words to say.

''Way to make an entrance Milo, did we wake you from your beauty sleep?'' Mr. Hernandez scowl at my brother and I stifle a giggle.

''Always a pleasure to see you Jon'' He replied and Jonathan shrugged nonchalantly.

''What are you doing in my school anyway?'' I asked my brother.

''I had a meeting with your principal'' He said ''But I think your principal has some very important phone call to make after this little showdown, don't you Milo?'' he finished with a smirk and Mr. Hernandez groaned while muttering incoherent words before walking back the direction he came from and my brother chuckled.

''Get your things, I'm taking you home'' I stood there looking at his retreating figure dumbly.

''Aren't you a bit curious why I came to your school?'' He must have noticed I wasn't following him when he asked the question with raised brows and I scurried after him.

Saying a quick hello to Lance as we entered the car I smiled when he nods with a smile of his own ''So why did you come to my school?'' I asked my brother as he typed furiously on his cellphone.

''You wanted to be part of the diversity showcase'' He said nonchalantly as if that will quench my curiosity as I said ''Not wanted, I still wanna be a part of it'' he regarded me briefly before saying.

''You'll need a week away from school'' I stared at him as he went back to typing on his phone as a huge grin appeared on my face.

When I asked to be among the models to walk the runway for his upcoming diversity showcase he simply said ''not in a million years'' and shut the door in my face, literally.

I was so mad that he didn't even give it a second thought, I didn't think he'd agreed after a whole week has passed. ''Thank you!''I blurted after I'd done my awesome celebratory dance and he stiffened for a moment before nodding with a little smile, I caught a glimpse of Lance smiling from the mirror too.

Jonathan might be this awkward introverted human being who appears to be indifferent towards other people's feelings, but he's my big brother and even though my family is a bit dysfunctional at the moment I wouldn't change it for the world.

''Will Mr. Hernandez let me off after what happened?'' I couldn't help but ask and he chuckles before saying ''Leave Milo to me'' I sighed in relief knowing everything will be fine, after all, they're good friends if Jonathan calls him by his first name.

I blinked when my phone lit up with a ding as I unlocked the device while reading a text from a private number, Blake Fickleman? As in the one and only mysterious Blake Fickleman? Why is she texting me?

Oh... someone hacked our school's website and shared a video of what happened with Caleb in the ally. Blake said the student body council is not the same without me and oh! she said what I did to Caleb was...get this, badass! (Squeals inwardly) I'm smiling so hard I didn't even notice we'd stopped at PJ's elementary school until I saw the little bundle of joy been led to the car by his teacher.

''Hey bud'' Lance said as he got in and sat between Jonathan and I and Jonathan ruffles his hair and he giggled without saying anything, see! Not a picture-perfect family but I wouldn't give this up for anything in the world.

I smiled while watching my brothers interact as we made our way into the penthouse. Brothers, now that's a word I didn't think I'd use so soon. ''Welcome, welcome y'all...how's everyone's day been?''Mrs. Billson said while pinching PJ's cheeks and we all gush at his adorableness as he giggles.

I can't believe she let PJ have some cookies but wouldn't let me have some because 'i might be too full for lunch' what does that even mean? Ugh! I didn't even eat in school.

''I know you did it'' I said to Lyon when others were out of earshot and he regarded me with a blank look.

''It was you who sent that footage to the entire school right?'' He looked at me like he wasn't sure how to answer my question before glancing back down and I huffed.

''Look, what you did was cool so thank you'' He looked up with wide eyes before a little smile appeared on his face ''don't get too excited...we're still not friends'' I said while walking away and as I heard him chuckling, I smiled...this day turned out better than expected after all.

Cause I got issues
But you got 'em too
So give 'em all to me
And I'll give mine to you
Bask in the glory
Of all our problems
'Cause we got the kind of love
It takes to solve 'em

Issues- Julia Michaels.