Chapter 8: An uneasy sleep

Mega's POV
1:32 am

Mega wasn't asleep. And it was already over 1 am. And he had to wake up early to pack tomorrow. And he still wasn't tired. And he was already at the 364th sheep, and still counting.

He tossed and turned, finding himself unable to fall into the land of dreams. He rubbed at his eyes, sitting back up in his bed. There was no use, he knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep any time soon.Mega closed his eyes, and focused on making his mind blank.

He could feel his heart slowly pumping in his chest, then it suddenly became too loud, drowning out the other noises around him. Suddenly, there was a sinking feeling in his stomach, and it became more and more overwhelming till it was the only thing he knew.

Mega tried to breathe, but it felt like he was underwater and he was slowly sinking further and further into the depths and the water was getting into his lungs, he couldn't breathe and his lungs were screaming at him and he tried swimming up but he only sank further and-

Mega immediately woke up in a cold sweat. Panting slightly, he checked the time once again. Only 1:38? It had only been 6 minutes?

He sighed again before finally laying back down and snuggled deeper into the covers in hopes to squash the feeling of dread. Only till the early rays of morning sunlight started to shine through his windows, did Mega finally fall into a uneasy sleep that night.

-————-
New record for longest time without publishing! I've been feeling unmotivated lately. But, don't you worry, I haven't abandoned this book.
And before you guys murder me, in my defence, video games are amazing. That is all.
Ok, thanks for reading!

Word count: 305