double date dinner

"there you go." eunae puts down the box of teabags on her wife's table. "i scoured new york for that, you know."

seulgi checks the box with glint in her eyes. she stands up to hug eunae. "thank you, boo!"

"you're lucky you've got a wife scheduled for american flights weekly." eunae closes her eyes as seulgi kisses her all over the face.

"you're the best! muah! muah! muah!"

it was when seulgi pulls away when she noticed the bruise on her wife's cheek. "boo, did you hit your face again with the door?"

and seulgi's response is a huge grin and a scratch on her nape.

"tsk. always the clumsy one." eunae caresses her wife's cheek. "by the way, i messaged miss joohyun about the dinner date plan after i landed back here earlier. she says she's okay with it."

there was an odd surprise in seulgi face when she steps back, but eunae thinks it's because her wife isn't comfortable with joohyun and seungwan's company yet.

"she agreed?" came seulgi's question, which eunae responds with a nod. "with her colleague?"

"i asked her to bring miss seungwan along, and she said sure."

"oh." seulgi looks away, pressing her lips together. "so, when is this happening?"

"tonight. dinner." eunae reaches out to cup her wife's cheeks. "and it's in a luxury restaurant, so no baggy shirts and pants, okay?"

sighing, seulgi rolls her eyes. "i hate suits."

couldn't handle her wife's cuteness anymore, eunae leans in to kiss seulgi.

---

eunae spots joohyun and seungwan immediately at their table waiting for them. she drags her wife by the arm, excited as to how this night would turn out.

if she finds her wife's behavior odd, she chalks it up to seulgi not being a fan of meeting people or fancy dinners like this.

or maybe, seulgi's just getting her period soon.

whichever it is, eunae didn't pay attention to it.

they approached the table and exchanged pleasantries. eunae praises how joohyun looks beautiful in her pleated shirt dress and how it matches with seungwan's button-up.

if she had only spared her wife a glance, she could have seen the annoyance in seulgi's face.

but she was proudly telling the two financial advisors how she got seulgi to go semi-formal tonight; how she forced seulgi to wear a suit jacket to compensate for her wife's preferred attire: stripe shirt, trousers, and loafers.

she was too busy talking she didn't notice how joohyun's eyes linger on her wife a little longer than they should.

it was a pleasant start, eunae thinks, and she's right about seungwan having this certain kindness in her. they eventually hit it off well, talking, laughing, and joking at each other like they've been long-time friends.

she didn't mind if her wife's hands were kept under the table. and she certainly doesn't find it odd if joohyun keeps playing with her ring finger while listening to the discussion between her and seungwan.

---

"what? you two used to be together?" eunae was in shock after hearing seungwan's confession over dinner. "for how long?"

"it was for almost two years," seungwan says. "but we broke up a long time ago and have been good friends since then."

"ooh. friends like friends or friends with..." eunae trails off with a smirk, waving her fork in the air.