getting bolder

it was a beautiful tuesday morning. seulgi is busy playing a video game on the couch when her wife approaches.

"boo, minjae's arriving shortly. i should go." eunae bends down to kiss her cheek.

"take care, boo. say hi to minjae for me."

eunae stands up straight, sighing. "at least spare me a glance before i leave? from what i remember, i am the one you married, not that game."

knowing that not listening would cause an issue, seulgi immediately paused the game to stand up and hug her wife.

"yes, you are the one i married." she kisses her wife's cheek. "come on. we don't want to keep minjae waiting for you."

"hmp. you just want me to leave so you can play more."

chuckling, seulgi throws an arm over her wife's shoulders and walks her to the door. "update me, okay?"

"i will. i won't be long." eunae opens the door. they kissed before she steps out.

"have fun!" seulgi waves as she watches her wife walk into the elevator.

the moment the elevator dings, seulgi quickly closes the door and hurries inside their apartment.

she dashes towards her phone to open a certain messaging app. she browsed through her contacts and calls baechu--the one with the cabbage as their profile picture.

the first ring sends seulgi's heart into frenzy mode.

trrrt... trrrt...

it feels like forever since they last talked.

trrrt... trrrt...

seulgi walks back and forth, a hand on her hips. the anticipation of hearing the person's voice on the other line increases her frustration.

trrrt... trrrt...

"come on..." seulgi bites her lower lip.

trrrt... trr--

"hello?"

seulgi stops on her tracks, unaware she's holding her breath.

everything falls silent. all she can hear is the beating of her heart and faint background murmur from the other line.

damn. she surely missed hearing that voice.

"seulgi?" the person speaks again, softer this time.

and seulgi feels like she's already in heaven.

but she should stop daydreaming now.

"joohyun," she finally says. "um. i hope i am not disturbing. you're at work, right?"

"no. no," joohyun immediately says. "i meant, yes, i am at work. but no, you're not disturbing me."

"oh. good." seulgi can hear joohyun moving, walking. she knows the woman is heading to the fire exit where she usually stays so they can talk peacefully.

"so, how are you? your wife told me you got chickenpox." there was a sound of an opening door on joohyun's side, followed by a latch. then the background noise is gone.

"yeah. so unlucky of me." seulgi drops on the couch to look at her arm. "the spots have stopped appearing now. the doctor says it may leave temporary marks, but they will be gone eventually."

"don't pick off the scabs so it won't get infected and won't leave scars."

"yes, unnie."

"yah! don't unnie me!"