the day after

joohyun wakes up to the sound of a ringing phone.

she decides to go back to sleep, thinking it's just a dream, given that she's not familiar with the ringtone. but the sudden movement on the other side of the bed completely pulled her out of sleepiness.

the ringing stops, then she hears seulgi's sleepy voice.

"boo? yeah... i was... asleep. have you landed?"

eyes squinting and bleary, joohyun turns her head sideways to look at seulgi.

she blinks a few times, absorbing the situation as she stares at seulgi's naked back.

so last night wasn't a dream. it really happened.

she and seulgi did it, and it felt so good.

"okay. you go have fun. but don't forget to eat something, okay?" seulgi says.

joohyun turns away. all the beautiful feelings building up in her chest suddenly fade. she pulls away from the blanket, ready to get off the bed.

the movement made seulgi turn.

"ah. yes. i may sleep more. i stayed up late last night playing video games." seulgi reaches out to grab joohyun's hand, intertwining their fingers.

and joohyun follows along when seulgi pulls her back to bed.

"yes, i will. you take care. i love you too." seulgi hangs up and puts the phone down. she turns back to joohyun. "morning."

silence settles in as they both stare at each other's nakedness, the reality finally sinking in.

"joohyun, i--"

"can we not talk about it?" joohyun says softly, looking at their intertwined hands. "i am fully aware of the situation... but i..." she caresses seulgi's hand with hers. "i don't want to think it's a mistake, seul. last night felt right, didn't it?"

seulgi nods.

"i am not going to force you into doing anything." joohyun watches as their hands play with each other. "but i hope you won't avoid me after this." she looks at seulgi. "i'll go crazy if that happens."

"no..." seulgi scoots closer, kneeling in front of joohyun. "hey. i am not going anywhere, you hear me?"

"but it'll be hard for you if--"

"i am not going anywhere without you." seulgi cups joohyun's cheeks. "i... i'll find a way to fix this. i'll..."

"no. please don't say that." joohyun looks away, sighing. "just... just stay."

seulgi gazes at her for a moment, eyes piercing through her. joohyun doesn't know what to say or do in their situation. what matters to her is for seulgi to stay.

"i'll stay." seulgi pulls joohyun into a hug and cups her head. "i'll stay."

the warmth of seulgi's hug and the softness in her voice eases joohyun's worries. she closes her eyes and smile, nuzzling into seulgi's neck.

"last night was the best i've ever had," she whispers.

"same." seulgi chuckles. "and it's like we are meant to do that, aren't we?"

joohyun hums. "i love your abs."

seulgi falls on her back when joohyun attacks her with tickles on her tummy and sides, laughters filling the room.

"yah! hyunnie! stop!"

joohyun stops. "hyunnie?"

"yeah. hyunnie." seulgi grabs joohyun's wrists and shifts their position by pushing her to lie on her back.