The Night Of The Comet (PT.2)

(Amelia's outfit for the day is on top.)

Tonight was the comet and Elena and Bonnie were handing out flyers. I walked over to them with Jayden from the face painting stand because Jayden wanted to get his face painted. 

"Hey, Night of the Comet. Would you like a program?" 

"Hey guys." Bonnie and Elena looked over at me and said hi.

"Hey. Jayden nice face paint." Jayden looked at Bonnie and smiled.

" Jayden looked at Bonnie and smiled

"Thanks." 

"Stefan never call you?" I looked over at Elena waiting for a response and so was Bonnie.

"Or text. Then I realized we never really exchanged that stuff." Is she for real. That night where they spent hours speaking they didn't give each other their phone numbers? "We never really got to the texting part."

"That's an important milestone in any relationship." I nodded agreeing with Bonnie.

"isn't it?" They kept handing out programs and I was walking by their side. "The timing was wrong anyways."

"When is it ever right." 

"I agree with Bonnie. The timing when we do things is never right."

"I'm not ready Bonnie."

"Who is?" 

"At least I put myself out there." 

"Is that really what you are calling it Elena?" I asked confusingly.

"What do you mean?" 

"All we're hearing is reasons why you can't." 

"Agreed." I felt Jayden tugging on my hand so I look down and he was pointing to the popcorn machine. Of course he wants popcorn. "I'm going to go get Jayden some popcorn. I'll see you guys later." Jayden waved at Elena and Bonnie and pulled me towards the popcorn machine. 

()()()()

"Hey I got you a candle." I gave Caroline a smile and walked towards the table. I sat down next to Tyler and looked at him. 

"Hey Ty." Me and Tyler used to be close. We even "dated" for a few months. It didn't really work out and we decided to just stay friends.

"Hey, how you've been?"

"Good. How have you been?"

"I'm fine. Thanks. Where's Jayden?" He light my candle and then looked at me.

"Thank you. And Jayden is with his grandmother. She wanted to take him for the night and I decided to let her." Jayden's grandmother wanted to spend time with him. I wasn't going to deny her permission to. She's his grandmother and he deserves to know his dad's side of his family.

"Well that's good." I nodded and looked over at Elena to see that she was standing next to Stefan. When did he get here? Elena looked back us and then walked away from Stefan. He followed her and I just went back to talking to Tyler.