A dopple what now?

It's been about 2 weeks since Jayden's birthday and Jayden, Nik, and I have been closer than ever. I can definitely say that we are like a family. Jayden keeps calling Nik 'dad' and I could tell that Nik likes it. 

I was sitting in the living room watching TV with Jayden when Nik came out of our room all dressed.

"I'm going out. I'll be back." Nik gave me a look and I knew exactly where he was going. He was going to go feed.

"Dad, where you go?" Jayden said going up to Nik and grabbing his hand.

"I have to go do something real quick little guy. I'll be back in a few okay?"

"Can I go?" Jayden looked over at me and then back at Nik and I shook my head.

"Jayden, your dad is going somewhere where little kids aren't allowed." I tried to explain the best I could and Nik just smirked.

"Aww man." Jayden pouted and then went back to the couch. "Bye, dad." I chuckled and so did Nik.

"I'll be back, love." I nodded and gave him a kiss.

"Be safe and don't kill anyone." I whispered to him and he smirked.

"No promises, love." I shook my head and he gave me another kiss before leaving. 

Nik left and I turned back to look at Jayden who was watching Paw Patrol on TV now.

"Jayden, do you want to put up some pictures with me?" He nodded his head and I smiled. I turned off the TV and grabbed a box that was near the couch. 

"What are they?" I took one out and it was a picture of Jayden and Jeremy. 

"They are pictures of everyone from Mystic Falls. We've been here for months and I forgot to put them up." Jayden giggled and I smiled. I grabbed out more pictures and they were pictures of Aunt Jenna, Caroline, Elena, etc.

"Momma, here." I looked at Jayden and he was putting down a photo of Aunt Jenna, Jeremy, mom, dad, Elena, Jayden, and I down next to the picture of Nik, Jayden, and I. I smiled and nodded. The picture was taken a couple weeks before my parents passed away. It was the last family photo we ever took together. 

We spent some more time putting up photos and having some fun. It felt nice to do something with just Jayden. It was great spending time with both Nik and Jayden but I feel like Jayden has become more of a daddy's boy ever since Nik came into our lives. I honestly don't mind because I love that Nik and Jayden have that bond that they do but, I miss Jayden being a Momma's boy. Okay maybe I do mind but just a little bit. 

()()()()

I was making Chicken Alfredo when Nik walked into the apartment. I looked at him and noticed that he had a little dried blood on his chin. 

"I'm back, love." I nodded and he leaned in to give me a kiss but I put a towel in between his lips and mine. He looked at me confused and I smiled.

"You have a bit of dried blood on your chin." He grabbed the towel and wiped the blood off of his chin.

"Now can you give me a kiss, love?" I nodded and pulled his head down towards me since he is a bit taller than me. We kissed for a little bit and then separated. "What are you making?"

"Chicken Alfredo. You want some?" He nodded and hugged me from behind once I turned back to the food on the stove. "You didn't kill anyone, did you?"

"No. I compelled them to forget." I nodded and Nik rested his head in my neck and I could feel him smelling me. 

"Are you smelling me?" I chuckled and he nodded. I shook my head, smiling and turned my attention back to the food. 

In the beginning of our relationship, I was afraid that Nik would feed off me when he kissed my neck but he assured me that he wouldn't feed off me. I trust him and I know he wouldn't do it without my permission.