22

Dana smiled in relief when I nodded at her. She started walking down the hall. I followed her from behind. She opened a door and went in, opening the door widely for me to go in too. 

I looked around and my eyes stopped at her table and saw a desk sign with her name on it.

Karissa Dana Vergarez, M.D

"I didn't know you were a doctor," I said to start a conversation as I sat down on the sofa.

"That's because you're so judgmental," she replied and laughed a bit before turning to me. She placed the tray that has two glasses and a pitcher of juice on the coffee table in between us.

"You look pretty" I stated honestly as she sat on the chair in front of me.

"I know." She shrugged, still laughing.

May tatalo na yata kay Raya sa kayabangan, ah!

"Joke!" bawi niya. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at her. She is still annoying.

"So? What do you want to talk about?"

I suddenly remembered what she told me before that we could talk about the 'things' that Jericho was good at. Is she going to talk about it now? Because I'm really going to leave right away!

"Jericho," maikling sagot niya.

"Look, Doc," I emphasized. "I don't have the time to talk about your relationship with him before and the things you've done. If that's what you want to talk about, like what you've said before if you still remember that," I finished sarcastically.

"Yeah, I do remember." She chuckled and I got irritated right away because of her annoying laugh. I inhaled to calm myself down. "And that was just a joke, come on!" she defended herself and sat properly.

"So?" I asked and raised a brow at her. "What about my boyfriend, then?"

"Ay, taray! 'Di ko naman aagawin sayo, sis!" She laughed again. What the hell? Ano ba 'to! Wala naman atang kailangan 'to eh!

"Jawa man tingali," I whispered to myself and shook my head. "Can you get to the point?" I asked. "Do you really have something to say or tinitripan mo lang ako?" I asked her again. "Seriously."

"Hmm..." She placed a hand on her chin, as if she was thinking.

"Doc, wala akong oras para sa kagaguhan mo ngayon," I started since I was really getting annoyed, for real. "If meron kang sasabihin, tell me. If wala naman, aalis na 'ko. Gets mo naman siguro 'yan, 'di ba? I'm sure as hell hindi ka naman bobo kasi doctor ka," I added.

I rolled my eyes when I saw her eyes widened a bit. For a second there, I thought she was scared. But then, she laughed and I realized that she was amused and not frightened. Aba... gaga?!

"Echo was right, ang saya mong tripan!" Natawa siya.

Oh, okay. So, nag-uusap na pala sila tungkol sa 'kin. Best friends na pala sila? I wasn't informed. For a moment, I started doubting. Ugh, stop, Esme!

"So?" I asked seriously and maybe she realized that I wasn't joking around kasi sumeryoso na rin siya. Tumikhim muna siya bago umayos ng upo.

"Okay so... I know naman na alam mo na nasa Australia si Echo, right?"

I nodded at her. "Yeah, why?" I was a bit confused as to why she was asking me that. Of course, I know! I'm the girlfriend!

"Ah! Buti naman!" she exclaimed. "Kasi si Tita, she told me that she wants to talk to you in private without Echo knowing. She said that she feels na hindi na siya mabubuhay ng mahaba kasi nga may cancer siya," she stated as if it wasn't a big deal anymore.