Destination 8

Seven

Marahas kong ibinalibag ang ang dokumentong ilang beses ko nang binasa.

It's the final report of the bombing incident that happened yesterday. As expected, the incident surfaced in the media instantly.

Our team experienced terrible fate. Two of us died, and the rest are in critical conditions. I am the sole person who survived the incident. Something that even I, can't believe.

The creepy man that I met yesterday suddenly popped in my head, making me more frustrated and stressed. Napahilot ako sa aking sentido. Napasambunot na rin ako sa aking sarili. The whole thing is killing my brain cells, sanity, and patience.

Wala pang lead sa kung sino ang may pakana ng pagsabog. The other teams are doing the needed investigations right now. Because of the incident, my security level was raised higher. They're assuming that I was really the target, so they prohibited me from doing field tasks for the mean time.

I am an asset of this organization...but to our enemies, I'm a big threat. So, they will do everything to erase my existence permanently. If, and only if, they can.

Agad akong napatingin sa pinto nang bigla itong bumukas. Agad din akong napairap nang mukha ni Cindy ang bumungad sa akin.

"Hi, Seven. Can I come in?" nakangiti niyang tanong.

"You're already in," matabang kong sagot.

Cindy is already working at NCTO as a detective when I got hired here months ago. But unlike her, I already excel in the field. Something she always wanted that she can't have. Thus, in return, she has always been adding the toxicity of my life. That's the impact of insecurity towards people like her.

"Oh, silly you."

"I'm not being silly, I'm just stating the fact." Gaga lang? After pumasok, tsaka magtatanong kung pwede bang pumasok?

Masyado nang magulo ang utak ko para dumagdag pa ang kabobohan niya.

"What happened to you? To your hair? You look like a granny," she commented, earning death glares from me.

I can accept any kind of insult, but not the I-look-like-a-granny thing. I really hate that.

"Anyways, pwedeng maki-print?" pag-iiba niya ng usapan, at ipinakita pa ang dala niyang flasdrive.

I just nodded at her. She then went in front of the printer. She does her task instantly, while roaming her eyes around my office, then stops at the documents that I threw earlier.

"Don't pretend like your printer is out of ink or whatever excuses you have, I know you want to say something about whatever. Say it now," direkta kong sambit kaya napatingin siya sa akin at napangiti ng kay tamis-tamis.

"Detective Seven, how does it feel?"

"Pardon?"

"Na nandito ka ngayon sa opisina, habang ang kasamahan mo ay nasa ospital. At ang dalawa pa nga ay humayo na kung saan," pahayag niya kaya napakuyom ako.

Despite my desire to slap her right now, I still managed to smile weakly. This is what we called professionalism.

"Cindy- -" she cut me off.

"Detective Cindy, dear," she corrected me. I grinned.

"CINDY, first of all, hindi lang sila kasamahan ko, kundi kasamahan natin. So, I'll bounce your queries back. How does it feel that you're here pretending to print some useless documents just to make me feel guilty, while our colleagues are in critical state?" Napalaki ang kanyang mata at napatawa ng putol-putol.