Destination 9

Seven

It's just 9 in the morning, yet the heat from the sun is already penetrating to my bones. Global warming at its finest.

And to add my despair, just exactly before I enter the building of my workplace, many media personnel and news reporters swarmed to my direction.

"Detective Seven, ano ang masasabi mo tungkol sa mga litratong kumakalat ngayon tungkol sa'yo?"

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"How long you've in a relationship?"

I rolled my eyes. They are pertaining to the photos of me and Axon that surfaced in different media platforms. Photos of us like, eating together at a cafeteria, jogging together at noon, and even entering together in my house' gate.

A week passed and this unexpected event eventually happened. I have been in several news for many years, but all of those are all work-related, unlike this one now.

Napatingin ako sa mga mukhang nag-aabang ng aking sasabihin.

I cleared my throat and smiled sweetly, making them inched closer to my direction.

"Listen. This is an unfriendly reminder to everyone, especially to the likes of you, who keeps on pestering my personal life. Paparazzi and stakeouts have their limitations, and it's strengthened by the newly passed Rights Against Privacy Intruders Law. So, don't ever cross the line. Otherwise, we'll be meeting in court... and just to remind you all..I never lost a court trial," I seriously said with enough poison that turned them pale.

They all gasped, and then silence enveloped the whole scene afterwards. Walang may nais magsalita. Napatulala sila at hindi alam kung ano ang sunod na sasabihin.

"Now that you already have my statement, isn't just right to let me pass through? Or... you still want more? I can give you more."

As if a cue, they all went back to their respective positions, giving me a wide space to walk through.

I smirked and started to walk inside the building, really satisfied.

They can't easily mess with someone like me, they knew it better than anyone else.

But deep inside, I felt irritated. Bakit ba ang hilig nilang makialam sa mga personal na buhay ng iba?

Nadamay pa tuloy ang walang malay na si Axon. Anyways, kahit isang linggo na ang nagdaan, hindi naman siya madalas mamalagi sa bahay.

Wala naman akong nakitang problema sa pagpapatuloy ko sa kanya. Wala pa namang nagalaw na gamit sa bahay at hindi pa siya nagpapakita ng motibo ng paggawa ng krimen.

And after several days with him, I found out that he's a private type of person. He doesn't like crowded places.

He's working tirelessly about something I don't know. From time to time, he'll take out his small notebook he hides on his pocket and will start to live in his own dimension.

But, there are some things I find weird about him.

I reactivated the CCTV system of my house, kaya naman ay madalas kong makita ang mga ginagawa niya. That man only sleeps an hour or so during the night. And there are instances that he will go out in the middle of the night. And to think, I seldomly see him during daytime. I have no idea to where he's been going to.

I bit my lip. And this is weirdest of all, when I tried to search for his records in our database, he has no any match. May mga kapangalan niya naman, ngunit hindi siya. It's like, there's no Axon Night like the Axon Night I knew that truly exists.