Destination 17

Seven

This day is the perfect depiction of the word stressful. Ang hirap magkaroon ng dalawang persona sa iisang katawan. Hindi ko maiwasang gawin ang mga nakagawian ko na. It's like a natural habit I can't get rid of.

Nagsimula nang halughugin ng team namin ang itinuro kong masukal na kagubatan, ngunit alam kong wala rin naman silang makikita roon.

Vampires are vampires for a reason. Hindi sila madaling mahuli ng simpleng tao. At kung makaharap man nila ang mga bampira, they're good as dead already.

Ito ang lalong nagpapa-stress sa akin. How long will I pretend that I still don't know who the culprits are behind those crimes? Or how can I make them believe that vampires did those, when in fact they didn't believe their existence yet?

How can I solve this case without exposing the vampire race? What kind of justice I am upholding this time? How can I convict the culprits in this mortal world?

Should I collaborate with the...Coal family?

I'm sure they're also cleaning this mess up, not because they're one of the culprits, but because they don't want exposure and publicity of their race. It's their job since they're living in here.

And why are these outcast vampires suddenly bring havoc in this land? Is there something bad happening in Gabiarmun right now?

I have no idea.

I was halted on my way to my car when a very familiar face greeted me.

"Axon Night. Agent Night, huh?" bungad ko sa kanya. "Is this the reason why you didn't want me to come here? Is it because of your job...or something more?"

"Something more?" he asked.

I grinned. I know he'd ask. He will not be Axon Night if he's not fond of asking questions all the time.

Sad to say, he's still not aware that my memories are back already.

"What's more nga ba?" sagot ko at umaktong nag-iisip pa.

That you're a freaking vampire and pretending like you belong here! I want to shout that in front of him.

"It's already late. You're really fond of working beyond the necessary," komento niya.

It's 11:30 PM already.

"I'm single and alone. What other things should I do then instead of working?"

Napatawa siya bigla.

"So...single ka ba talaga?" again, he asked.

He's the god of questions. Mahilig siyang nagtanong kahit alam na niya ang sagot. That's Axon Night.

"Yes. How about you? Are you single? Are you honest?"

"Why is honesty suddenly came in?"

"You told me before that you have no place to stay at. Only to find out earlier that you're a secret agent, a job with high salary due to the hazardous nature of the work," I replied. "So tell me, Axon, what other things are you hiding beneath your lies?" I continued.

Bigla siyang naging seryoso dahil sa makahulugan kong tanong.

Hinawi ko na siya at tuluyan na akong pumasok sa loob ng aking kotse. Pinagana ko na ang makina, ngunit bago ako tuluyang umalis, ibinaba ko muna ang bintana.

I saw Axon slowly walking away.

"Axon Night," bulong ko.

Nagpatuloy lang siya sa paglalakad at umaktong walang narinig, but well, I'm fully aware that he heard me crystal clear. Vampires have incredible hearing, and he's a pureblood on top of that.