•13•

Y'all are just too sweet ~.~

Slapping the side of her face, the man tilts his head once (Y/N) jolts awake and he smirks at her. "Didn't think I'd ever see you again."

Remaining calm, the ex Firefly spits out blood in his direction and he chuckles slightly, rolling the chair he sat in back. "I always heard stories about Firefly (L/N) who never gave a shit."

At the sound of her name, (Y/N) frowns. "How - how did you?"

The man lets a chain dangle through his fingers, the end twirling around and showing off the Firefly emblem and her eyes widen.

"So, how'd you find us?"

Returning back to her steely gaze and thin-lipped expression, (Y/N) answers: "I asked about a dude with a bitch scar across his face."

He hums. "They also said you're funny."

"Yeah? I didn't you see laughing. Tough crowd." She groans and he lets out a small chuckle, flipping open a pocketknife and pulling her head back by her hair.

"How many came with you?" He hums, dogging it ever so slightly into the skin of her neck. "Just you three?"

"You can't stop this."

"Jordan! You're supposed to be out looking for the other one! What the fuck is this?" An older man calls, walking towards them.

"Y'know that smuggler we killed out in Jackson?"

"Yeah."

Jordan jams the knife into the arm of his chair and stands, motioning towards (Y/N). "She was the one we were supposed to kill. They're coming after us. That's why Nick was fucked up like that. We gotta get her to Isaac and we gotta tell him exactly what's going on."

"Yeah, well, I just got off the radio with Isaac. And we got a new mandate."

"Hmmm?"

"Kill all trespassers."

The man holds his gun up to (Y/N) and Jordan pushes it away. "Hold up, hold up. That doesn't make any sense."

"It's a direct order, man."

"No. Let's talk to her, let's figure out what the bitch knows -"

"I don't give a fuck about what she knows! You saw what she did to the others."

"You have no idea how many people she might be with." Jordan warns. "This might be an ambush, Mike -"

"I don't care how many people she's with. We will find them. We will kill them."

"Um, she would like an opinion on this matter and -" (Y/N)'s voice is drowned out by Jordan's. "Can you just think for yourself for a quick second -"

Jordan is pushed aside by Mike, who aims his pistol back at the captured woman but a shot through the glass above sends his blood flying and his body falling.

(Y/N) gasps as two figures move above and then falls through under the weight of the pairing.

"Joel!" She breathes as he lies still and Dina falls in next to him, groaning as she lies flat on her stomach.

Jordan points his gun at (Y/N), shaking his head. "You shouldn't have come here." He mutters, making his way over to the pairing.

Jordan kicks Dina and kneels down next to Joel, his back to the Firefly, who desperately looks around for a way of escape.

Spotting a piece of jarred glass, she drags it across with her foot. Shuffling around, she grasps it and begins to drag it across the rope, her eyes on Jordan as he starts to haul Joel up to his feet.

The ropes cut her free and (Y/N) grabs the pocketknife from the chair handle, running to him. With adrenaline pumping, she stabs it into Jordan's neck, breathing heavily.

"How's that for a joke." She whispers, letting him go and he collapses to the ground.

Dina, regaining her breath, stands up and keeps her pistol trained on Jordan. Joel looks at his wife and then down to the body. "You okay?" He asks.

(Y/N) shrugs, jutting the bloodied knife. "He called me a bitch."

"(Y/N) -"

She ignores him, kneeling down to Jordan and searching his body, pulling out a note and looking at the picture. "She's one of them."

"C'mon, look at that later, someone would've heard those gunshots." Dina tells her.

"Was there a tv station on that map?" The older woman asks and Dina gives Joel an incredulous look.

"I don't know, honey." He sighs, wearily looking at the door.

"Fuck, come on!" Dina yells as the doors burst open and the WLF enter to take the trio out.

***

After making their way through the building and coming out the window, undetected by the group below arriving on a truck, they force their way into another house.

The three make their way to the top and (Y/N) pulls out the photo whilst the other two check to make sure the coast is clear. Dina then takes the photo from her, jokingly whistling.

"She's one of them." (Y/N) repeats.

"Well, fuck her then."

(Y/N) can't help a small smile and she indicates to the paper, sticking the knife stained with red on the table beside her. "Read the letter."

Jordan, Isaac's got us posted up on the two week at the TV station. Scars spotted in the area. Here's something to hold you over. Leah

The older woman lays the map down on the table and points it out, leaning over slightly as she takes a deep breath. "TV station."

"You think she's still there?" Joel questions. He was stood behind the two, his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes never leaving his wife, concerned for her and her wellbeing.

"I mean we gotta find out, right?"

Dina nods, pointing at the buildings on the map. "Tall buildings around that, so..." she turns and indicates to the buildings in the distance. "That way."

Joel raises an eyebrow, looking out and then back to the person he loved, who had her hand on her stomach and her face scrunched in pain.

"I don't -"

"Okay. Let's go." (Y/N) brushes his concern off,  grabbing the knife and twirling it between her fingers as she walks off.