•20•

Pulling her hair up, (Y/N) clutches the knife in between her teeth. She was already sweating, dark circles marking her tank top and she looks over her husband's shoulder.

"Do you think I left enough milk." She mutters and he jumps slightly, turning to face her with a huff. "What?"

(Y/N) takes the knife out of her mouth, flipping it between her fingers. "For Tommy. Well not for Tommy, for (D/N)."

They had found Abby's sailboat and were now pondering over the notes left aboard.

"Honey, I'm sure you've left -"

"And diapers. We did remember to tell him that her favourite teddy is the bunny, right? And that she -"

"(Y/N)!" Joel exclaims and she shuts up instantly. "Our babygirl is fine. Now -" He points to the map. "Here."

She nods, climbing out to top deck and turning to pull him out. She breathes in the salty air, smiling slightly at the waves rolling in. The couple look up to the island, the golden of the sand and the greenery of the trees.

They make their way, ending up at Mesa Bluff Park. Powering through the infected, (Y/N) pushes her way in the gap between a truck and caravan.

Her foot steps into a trap. The rope wraps around her ankle and drags her across the floor, pulling her upside down. All the arrows drop from her quiver and she fumbles for her knife.

"(Y/N)!" Joel shouts, running towards her when another trap springs. A log comes swinging, whacking him in the side of the face and he goes down, cold.

"Joel!" She screams. The rope swings her and she her side connects with a sharp branch.

Yelling out in pain, the blood starts to seep through the colour of her top. She whimpers slightly, dabbing a shaky hand on it. Grabbing her knife, it slips through her hands from the wetness of the blood.

"No, no, no!" She shouts, finding it harder to breathe. (Y/N) applies pressure to her wound, praying for Joel to move, but he never does and it's not long before she passes out.

***

Blinking slightly, (Y/N)'s vision comes as a hazy picture. She can make out the body still slumped on the floor and two figures making their towards them. She frowns, trying harder to figure them out.

"Abby." She whispers. "Abby. I found you, I found -"

"See? We got a live one." A man grins, standing in front of her.

The other man eyes her. "This bitch is fucked up." He states and the older man drops her, making her cry out in pain and her side wound opening up again.

"We'll be lucky if she lasts a month." The younger one chuckles, untying her foot. "Can we please say we're done for the day? We've got two."

The other man had nudged Joel with his foot and he nods. "Yeah. Get that thing down and reset the traps." He indicates to the infected beside her.

"Really, man? I mean are they even worth the trip back? One's unconscious and she's just fucked." He backs up, alerting the clicker who reaches for him and he screams, pulling back.

"It get you?" His friend yells and he checks himself over, shaking his head. "No, I'm good."

(Y/N) laughs, her knee pulled up and he frowns at her. "Something funny?"

"Looks like you shit your pants." She breathes.

"The fuck you say?"

"I said, it looks like you shit your pants, you fucking deaf? What a little bitch." (Y/N) answers, infuriating him.