𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 - River Rats

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Valerie had just finished tying the laces on her army boots, when her older brother, Charlie, walked in the room.

"Val, let's go." He told her. "The mall opens soon, and you know Adam hates waiting."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." She sighed, before grabbing her black jean jacket and putting her arms through it. "Do you think Starcourt has a record store?"

"Probably."

"Cool." She grinned, as she grabbed a pack of Camel cigarettes and stuffed it into her pocket. The two of them made their way downstairs, where Adam and Dominic were already waiting in the car, just like Charlie had said.

If you were wondering, Val is very aware of the fact that she's the only female of the River siblings.

But did it bother her? Not really.

Her parents died in a car accident when she was young, so she was used to it being just the four of them. Three boys and one lonely girl. Charlie was her favorite brother, and she wasn't afraid to let it be known. It wasn't much of a surprise though, considering he was the nicest to her. The other two weren't necessarily rude to her, they just didn't really pay her any mind unless she was in some kind of trouble. If anything, they thought that she was too much of a goody two shoes, and they actually rejoiced when she did something rebellious.

But did that mean Adam and Dom didn't love her?

Quite the opposite actually. Val was still their baby sister, and each one of them was very protective over her. They just had different ways of showing how they cared.

Adam was the oldest of the bunch and, therefore, the head of the household. His role was basically the father figure, yet, one could also refer to him and the original bad boy of Hawkins, Indiana. He's an auto mechanic at the moment, and actually owns the nearest service garage at the young age of twenty-five.

However, that's only a day job for him. When the sun goes down, and the moon comes out, Adam's leadership role turns into more than just being the boss of his younger siblings. At night, he also steps into his leadership role of the River Rats, one of Hawkins infamous street gangs.

Dominic Rivers is the second eldest, coming in at the whopping age of twenty-three. I guess you could say that he was the "mother" figure of the siblings, even though his maternal instincts and warm soul could be nonexistent most of the time. No, he wasn't much of a leader. However, he was a pro at being a follower. At home, sure, he'll do the cooking and the cleaning like a mother in the 80's normally would. However, he too becomes a different person at night.