𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 - Birthday Girl

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"So, which one do you think I should get?" Valerie asked, while she held up a Fleetwood Mac record in one hand, and another one from The Smiths in her other hand.

Charlie looked at the two records, while he hummed in thought. "Why not get both?" He suggested. "Then you'll have just a few bucks left to buy some ice cream or something."

Valerie gasped in excitement, as she already started moving to the cash register. "See, that's why I always bring you along with me. You're a genius bro!"

Charlie smiled at her before he wondered around the store some more. He didn't really have anything in mind that he wanted to buy, but he knew that Val's birthday was coming up, and he wanted to get her something that she'd like. He flipped through some other records, but he soon realized that she already had plenty of them.

"Ready, Charlie?" Valerie asked him, as she held tightly onto her shopping bag.

He quickly stopped what he was doing and nodded, before following her out of the store. They walked side by side for a few minutes, as they searched for a place that served ice cream.

"Look, over there." Charlie pointed, motioning to the bright neon sign that read: Scoops Ahoy. They both entered the parlor, and within a second, Valerie spotted one of her closest friends, Jeremy, waiting in line.

"Remy!" She called out, quickly grabbing his attention.

The boy's face instantly lit up when he saw her and he squealed. "Val what are you doing here?! I haven't seen you since school let out for the summer!"

Jeremy Williams was the only other known kid in their high school that was outed as being gay. The two of them met when they were both paired up for a project, and a lasting friendship immediately formed. They've been inseparable ever since, especially after finding out that Remy's older brother was also part of the River Rats.

"I'm guessing we're here for the same rat infested reasons?" She quirked her eyebrow in question.

Remy rolled his eyes and placed his arm around her shoulder. "So, this is what occurred in the Williams's household this morning. My beauty sleep gets unfortunately interrupted by Ricky barging into my room and yanking my eye mask off my head. Talking about how we're taking a trip to the mall for some shopping. I'm over there wondering, do you think I'm stupid? Like, I know good and well that your boys called for some gang meetup and you gotta go running like the little lap dog you are."

"Oh, my God." Valerie laughed. "Lap dog?" She repeated.

"I'm serious, Val! When they go calling, he goes running! It's like they've got him on some sort of leash!"