𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 - New Beginnings

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ─────

Three Months Later...

"You put your mom down as a reference?" Robin asked Steve in disbelief, as they got out of the car.

"Yeah. Why not? She's like, super well-respected."

"You're such a dingus." She shook her head, before they entered the video store.

The two former sailors approached the counter and asked if there was any job openings available. Keith, the manager, gave no emotion as he observed them and looked over their resumés.

"Uh, just to be clear, we weren't fired, you know." Robin informed him. "The mall burned down and, like, killed a bunch of people."

"Thanks for sharing. Didn't know." Keith replied, sarcastically. Although it was more monotonously. He then slid their resumés back and looked towards Robin. "Three favorite movies. Go."

The girl hesitated from being caught off guard, but she managed to answer him quickly. "Uh...The Apartment, Hidden Fortress, Children of Paradise."

"You, go." Keith turned to Steve.

"Favorite movies?" He asked.

"Did I stutter?"

"Uh...Animal House, for sure." He replied, earning a scoff from Robin. "Uh...Star Wars."

"A New Hope?"

"A new what-now?"

"Which Star Wars?" The manager grumbled.

"The one with the teddy bears. Duh." He spoke, quickly imitating an Ewok. "No? Uh...Oh, the movie that just came out. The one with DeLorean and Alex P. Keaton, and he's trying to bang his mom." Steve chuckled. "Yeah, those are my top three. Classics."

Keith looked at him weirdly, before pointing back at Robin. "You start Monday." He then faced Steve. "You start never."

"Will you just give us a minute?" Robin requested, and Steve nodded, before walking away. "Alright, you have to understand, Keith, I know his taste is a bit pedestrian, but the dingus has other qualities."

"He's a douchebag of the highest order, Robin." Keith stated.

"He was a bit of a prick to us in high school, I'll grant you that, but he remains...a total chick magnet."

"Yeah, okay, and this is relevant to me how?"

"Uh, Earth to Keith." She partially leaned over the counter, in his face. "The ladies will come in just to see him. They'll come in droves. Droves, Keith. We sold so much ice cream, they had to get a second shipment in from Michigan." Robin emphasized. "And these ladies are hot. They're so very hot. And there are too many of them for little Steve. He needs assistance. He needs your assistance, Keith."