𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧 - Bittersweet Reunions

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Okay! Where the hell have you guys been?" Dustin busted through the restroom door, with Erica right behind him. "The movie's over. We have to leave with the crowd so that we can blend in."

The three teens laughed at him before standing up and following the kids out of the door.

"Now we just have to get on the bus with the rest of these plebes, and home sweet home, here we come." Dustin stated.

"Uh, Dustin?" Steve uttered.

"What?"

"Yeah, we might not wanna go to your house."

"Why?"

"Well, I might've told them your full name."

"What is wrong with you?"

"Hey," Val cut in. "In his defense. We were drugged."

"So? You resist! You tough it out like a man."

"Oh, yeah, it's easy for you to say."

"Guys." Robin got their attention, and motioned to the undercover Russians who were checking everybody's tickets.

"Abort!" Dustin whispered shouted, once they were caught, and they all ran in the opposite direction.

They ran around the corner and slid down the divider that separated the escalators. Once they reached the ground level of the mall, they immediately ran behind one of the nearest counters and hid from the soldiers. They all pulled their knees to their chest, and rested their backs against the wall, however, their hearts were pounding and they were out of breath. When Val heard the soldiers talking only a few feet away, she gripped onto Robin's hand, and the girl squeezed back just like on the rooftop a few days ago.

But right when it seemed like they were going to be caught, a car alarm suddenly sounded from the other side of the court, where the displayed car was sitting. The Russians instantly took notice of it, and widened their eyes in fear and confusion when the whole car started to shift and make noise. They looked up and grew even more alarmed when they saw El Hopper, a.k.a Eleven, moving the car using her psychokinetic abilities. The girl, who was around Dustin's age, picked up the car with her mind and threw it in the air towards the soldiers, hitting each one of them.

The Scoops Troop cautiously stood up from their hiding spot at the commotion, and when they looked up, they saw Eleven and her group of friends, including Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers. Steve and Dustin smiled at the sight, but Valerie and Robin were confused as to what in the world just happened. The groups instantly ran to meet with each other and Dustin smiled with his toothless grin.