𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 - Brother Trouble

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Valerie waved goodbye to Steve, before she turned around and unlocked her front door. She had noticed that the Chevy was parked in the driveway, as well as Adam and Dom's motorcycles, so she knew for a fact that her brothers were already inside waiting for her. With caution, she slowly entered the household and closed the door behind her.

Charlie was the first one Val laid eyes on as she approached the living room, but she knew that the other two were close by. He had his arms crossed in an act of disappointment, however, his facial expression depicted nothing but sympathy for her. He knew what kind of trouble she was in, and he was worried for how the other two would react.

Right on queue, Adam emerged from the kitchen doorway, with a beer in his hands. Based on the way he staggered over, Valerie could tell that it wasn't his first drink of the night, and that made her gulp nervously.

"So, you lied." He stated, bluntly. "Williams came into the garage today to get his car fixed, so I know for a fact that he wasn't with you."

Val's eyes grew wide, and she made a mental note to kick Remy's ass for not covering for her. "I, uh, I had originally asked him to come, but you see, his car broke down and we-"

"-Cut the bullshit!" Adam raised his voice, making Valerie flinch. "Where the hell were you?"

"I really was at the mall, I swear! It's just that I wanted to go by myself, and I knew you wouldn't let me go alone."

"You're damn right..." Dominic mumbled from his place in the kitchen. He set the table for a late dinner, but Val knew she wouldn't be hungry after this.

"So what? You thought you could just lie to all our faces and it would be that easy?" Adam questioned her. "Huh? You thought you could disobey the one rule that I gave you when I said to be home before dark?"

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "I lost track of time. They don't exactly have windows everywhere in Starcourt for me to see when the sun goes down, now do they?"

"That's what watches are for, Valerie." Dominic spoke up as he made his way over. "You know, to tell time."

"Does it look like I have a watch on me, Dom!"

"Hey! Watch your mouth, kid!" He barked, as he quickly got up in her face. "We were worried sick, you know that? And here you are acting as if it ain't a big deal."

"Because it isn't!" She raised her arms in the air in exasperation. "Did I lie? Yes. Am I sorry? Yes. But am I home now? Yes! What more do you guys want from me?"

"Val, maybe it would be best if you head up to your room for a little bit." Charlie calmly suggested. "I think we all just need to take a minute, and relax."

"I think you just need to stay out of it, Charlie!" Dominic spat. "You're always tryna be the peacemaker and take her side, but don't forget that Adam and I are the oldest, alright?"